Duplicate exercise entries

Exercises from Samsung Health are duplicating themselves even after disconnecting the app. Wow

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    That happens to me sometimes, even though I manually enter my exercise. It seems to happen mostly on days that I do more than two different kinds of exercise.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Just proves it's an MFP issue most likely.
    More entries aren't coming in from SH - MFP just has entries it didn't get tagged as dealt with so it's dealing with them again. and again.

Though, there was an issue of MFP not sending back success acknowledgements due to backlog, so the sending side thought a failure occurred so resent the data.
    That just compounds that issue of course.

• mikeshbike321
    mikeshbike321 Posts: 3 Member
    I appreciate the feedback, that is helpful. I wont be able to clean up past days as there are now 20,000 to 60,000 calories of exercise. :-)
  • FatherTimex
    FatherTimex Posts: 2 Member
    This is still an issue. Is there any word from the developers on this?
  • Stefaniw1
    Stefaniw1 Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue I have now. Started yesterday for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the exercise log is still a mess. Even after I continued multiple times to delete all exercises and disconnected and reconnected my apps. Out of ideas.
  • I am having same issue ..literally just started frustrating..May have to use different app as can't be bothered deleting then they come back .. anyone any ideas how to stop this ??
  • samday301
    samday301 Posts: 1 Member
    Is there any solution to solve the duplication problem? Ive deleted samsung health and fitness pal 2-3 times and its still the same 🤷‍♀️
  • hoskm01
    hoskm01 Posts: 1 Member
    Terrible and makes the app integration unusable. This has been going on for years it seems, ridiculous. Doesn't seem like a fox is likely, hopefully they prove otherwise.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Stefaniw1 wrote: »
    Same issue I have now. Started yesterday for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the exercise log is still a mess. Even after I continued multiple times to delete all exercises and disconnected and reconnected my apps. Out of ideas.

The disconnecting and reconnecting is actually the worst idea.

When there are sync issues between Fitbit and MFP - they say just wait don't disconnect/reconnect - because that creates orphan entries of data looking for your old account sync ID and new ones are now starting.

If the sending side really hasn't received an Ack that data was received, it'll keep sending an update to that old sync ID, now a new sync request comes in and so it sends the data again for that one.
    So now whether programming issue (and it stopped for months BTW), or just a backlog of data being responded to (more likely), you have more entries coming in to update your account.

Because the 3rd party (Samsung in this case) has to write their own mechanism to use MFP already existing API's to sync to/from their system (and that frankly probably hasn't changed) - I'd warrant either a short term backlog issue - or Samsung changed something in their system and forgot about updating this sync path.

It could be as simple as a Samsung coding team for sending exercise data out (to whomever) created some new exercise entries that are sent out. The MFP API's don't allow for free form data names for exercise, but require names according to a subset that is in their existing exercise database.
    An incorrect exercise name could have caused a response back to Samsung unexcepted data seen even though it posted it - and Samsung responds with send data again.

This happened with Garmin for awhile it appears. Until Garmin fixed it.
    The exercise name shown in MFP didn't match the exercise name Garmin gave it on their side - they didn't pick a valid MFP name to send it across with. Multiple entries of wrong exercise names.

Curious what are the exercises you all are seeing multiple entries of. (Garmin was mainly things with pace/speed in name).
  • cattyfatty78
    cattyfatty78 Posts: 1 Member
    I have just started having this issue, am using my Samsung Pro5 watch. I'm getting fed up with deleting the entries to make my tracker accurate. It only started 2 days ago. But having read the other posts it seems like there is no real fix. Is this a Samsung problem or a MFP issue? Should I just start using a different app?
  • maghanelizabeth5
    maghanelizabeth5 Posts: 1 Member
    I am also now experiencing the same issue.
    Seems to be a mfp bug that just hasn't been resolved.