Chicken Shawarma

Options
Does anyone know the nutrition information for a chicken shawarma? I did a quick Google search, but was unable to find a place that posts their nutrition information online.

Replies

• alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    no, but shawarma is delish and i hope you enjoyed!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I know you post frequently about specific foods and their calories...and really you won't get answers from other people that would be correct due to portion sizes and varying ingredients in the recipe. One place might use 1/2 tsp of something and another place might use a TBSP. That's a difference of nearly 100 calories if you're talking about oil, butter, cream, etc. That's just one example. If it's a 4 ounce or 3 ounce portion of meat, that could be another XXX number of calories. The size of the breads or the portion(s) of other grains vary.

Pick one out of the database and use it. That's as good as it gets if you don't know how to approximate yourself.

I know in my nutrition self-education I found that preparing my own meals helped the most with restaurant guesses. After I make something myself I know what's in it, and how it would taste and the approximate size.