Hello Fitness Pals Looking for new friends!

Options
Hey there, I am new to this whole MFP website. I was on the Weight Watchers but the money was coming up short so had to look to new websites. Plus, I fell no I take that back I rolled off the wagon. I need to lose the weight and I just have no real motivation. I need some friends who are going to give me some pep talks and who doesn't mind laughing with me from time to time especially when it comes to food. I don't mind if you are somewhere else other than TX if I were you I wouldn't want to be here either it is WAY too hot but kind words from afar are always welcome. But don't worry I'll be sure to share the wealth and send some uplifting words your way too. :happy:

Replies

• Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will love it here! I know what you mean about TX I lived in El Paso for 2 years and that was, lets just torture! Although there were some good times to but anyway, I'm living in Oregon now my home state and would love to add you as a friend. I've been with MFP since May and love the support and friendships I've made over these months. I'm down 20 lbs but just recently found out I'm pregnant, which is great but puts a damper on the losing weight thing. lol I've got a plan though and you are more than welcome to join me.

:)
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    Hi and welcome.....i am from Texas and i agree...way too hot...lol. I was born and raised here and love it...heat and all. i have been here[mfp] since January and had some ups and downs.....would love to mutually support each other to reach our goals....i have been mia for a couple of weeks due to surgery but am looking forward to getting back in the saddle[so to speak] lol. please feel free to add me if you like....best wishes on your journey.

kathy
  • Madalaine1978
    Madalaine1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey there, I was on weight watchers too, both classes and on line and then slimming world and then all the others. But have decided to go back to basics. Calorie counting and moving more!!! So add me as a friend and lets motivate each other. i'm doing the 30 day shred dvd as well, on day 5! and loving it!. Good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board! You've made the right choice - support every day of the week, a realistic way to track exactly what you are eating and it costs absolutely nothing! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • J3J3Real
    J3J3Real Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the 30 day shed DVD. I've been doing the dancing videos. you know Zumba, HipHop Abs and all that jazz. I like to feel like I'm dancing and not the chore of working out. I did try the Turbo Kickboxing once and that was very high impact. I'll be adding ya though. Thanks,
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I will be glad to support you and anyone else that needs it.
    I have been here since June and lost 20 lbs but now am stuck...
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board! You've made the right choice - support every day of the week, a realistic way to track exactly what you are eating and it costs absolutely nothing! Feel free to add me as a friend.

All I ask is if you will be using foul language in any of you posts or comments, then please do not add me. I do not like to hear or read cuss words.