That unattractive, 'gross' feeling...

Options
For starters, does anyone know the feeling i'm talking about or am I just a crazy person? That feeling that you get when no matter what you wear or what you do with your hair or anything else you do, you just feel unattractive. I'm having one of those days, but I don't know why. I exercised, made a bring pot of homemade veggie soup & had a nice, relaxing Sunday. I guess i'm just having an off day.
Any support or advice would be a God sent,

- Danielle.

Replies

• anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's normal to have an "off" day like that.I know I have! Try and say something positive to yourself. I know it may sound hokey but its sure better than feeling like crap and the more positive things you say the better you will start to feel.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yes, quite often actually! I hope you feel better!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    All the time! I look in the mirror and all I see are lumps and bumps and my baby belly! I am bad a taking compliments and pictures are even worse to shed the light!
  • DanieNicolee
    Options
    It's normal to have an "off" day like that.I know I have! Try and say something positive to yourself. I know it may sound hokey but its sure better than feeling like crap and the more positive things you say the better you will start to feel.

I think that would help. Thanks so much :)
  • girlypop
    Options
    lol we all have those days. Just stick to the healthy lifestyle, because it makes for fewer days like this.

What I do when i'm having a day like that is treat myself, in a non food related way. If you can manage it go shopping, buy fancy underwear, or get a pedi or manicure. When was the last time you got your hair cut? You're doing all this hard work maybe you need to appreciate yourself. Of course, in a lot of ways doing some of these things at home is just as good/way better because you can put your feet up and watch a chick flick while your toe nail polish dries!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I know I have days like that....I am pretty sure we all do. The only thing you can do is wait!!! It will be better tomorrow
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    yes, but what I have noticed is that It happens when I'm close to TOM. I guess we all have those days
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All the time.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think it is a common feeling. We all get that way. Mine was yesterday. So I went and had my hair cut different from the usual style. (it was getting old anyway) came home, colored my hair and did my nails. I felt way better.

Other then that I think of all the positive things I have done for myself health wise and try my best to ignore the lumps, bumps and wrinkles that are being stubborn.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Everyone has ugly days. I like anweattitude's suggestion.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Try drinking some more water.......you might feel more bloated but you'll feel better tomorrow
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Hmm, sounds like how i felt every day for the last...23 years roughly :)

Only now am i starting to occasionally think "Hmm, im almost normal now! :D"
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    *OMG-SUPRISE-BEAR-HUG!-SQUEEEEEZE!*

There's some support! :)