I finally get to be my own success story =] Pictures

Options
It took a long time to find a before picture. I thought I got rid of all of them until my dad and hubby were looking through old pictures and started freaking out on me because of how much I've changed. I just saw the pictures this morning and - I won't lie - I started completely bawling! I cried because of how much I let myself go, how deep I was, and especially at how easy it was getting to the highest weight of my life: 256lbs.

I went through this weight loss journey pretty much alone. I love food, otherwise I would have never gotten to that weight. But I also learned that I love feeling better about myself more. People I've known in the past don't recognize me anymore, I shock them and it makes me happy. I don't even recognize myself anymore half the time. But it's a good feeling.

I'm happy because I get to be my own weight loss success story instead of whining and feeling sorry for myself that all these people can do it and I can't. But I did!

It has taken me a really, really long time to lose almost 100 pounds. I still have 39 pounds to go before I hit my goal, but I'm pretty sure I can knock it out by 2012. I started initially losing weight in October of 2008 and managed to drop a lot of weight. But I slipped, got lazy, got frustrated, and gained weight again and started on here in February of 2011 at my weight of 215lbs. I won't lie, I'm human and I still slip, get lazy and frustrated and gain a couple pounds here and there, but I come back from it more determined instead of beating myself up and I won't quit.

PICT0282-1.jpg

I've struggled with weight my whole life. This past month I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but I'm not going to use that as a crutch. It does make weight loss harder and it makes bouncing back from exercise tougher, but I've managed to lose 97 pounds even before knowing that I had this condition. So anyone else out there that has this; Please stay positive and know it's not impossible.

Thanks. xxxooo

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!