Gelatine

Just wondering who consumes Knox Unflavored Gelatine on a regular basis for joint pain & arthritis? Has it helped? Did you put it in recipes or make jello out if it or just mix the powder in water or some other drink & drink it in powder form?

Replies

• perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    edited March 2022
    I can't attest to its impact on joint pain & arthritis but gelatine is simply a short chain version (or cooked version) of collagen that is more easily absorbed by the body. You need to bloom the gelatine in a little cold water first before mixing it with warm or hot fluids to fully dissolve it. You could mix it into colder drinks like smoothies though if you're usng a blender. Pure collagen is more easily dissovable and won't set but it is much more expensive. In the end the human body more or less sees them as the same thing. The gelatine that you make jellies with from the grocery store is perfectly fine. It adds more body and a thicker mouthfeel to drinks.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/collagen-vs-gelatin
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    I supplement with a type 2 collagen in capsule form for joint health and absolutely think it benefits me. I'm not sure it's superior to gelatine and it's more expensive, but for me the convenience justifies the price.