Team RH?

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
Curious if anyone is following team RH out of the UK?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    What’s Team RH?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I follow the Facebook page, not signed up yet but keep thinking about it.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What is it? I often notice database entries for branded foods with that tacked onto the name of the food. Which I find kind of annoying 😂
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Seems like every few months you see one or two of these posts and they never reply to anything. It's very strange, but some people like shouting into the abyss, I suppose.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    It's a paid for weight loss programme based on CICO, the trainers are very blunt and matter of fact (which I do like). The type of advice they give is on a par with the forums so it isn't based on any fad and strongly encourages exercise. They promote MFP for logging all your food - and they make a big thing about logging everything.
    I've signed up but have an issue with the calorie allowance, to lose 2lb per week on here it's giving me 1400 cals.
    Team RH have given me 2500 - this is based on 5000 steps per day and 3 workouts per week.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    It's a paid for weight loss programme based on CICO, the trainers are very blunt and matter of fact (which I do like). The type of advice they give is on a par with the forums so it isn't based on any fad and strongly encourages exercise. They promote MFP for logging all your food - and they make a big thing about logging everything.
    I've signed up but have an issue with the calorie allowance, to lose 2lb per week on here it's giving me 1400 cals.
    Team RH have given me 2500 - this is based on 5000 steps per day and 3 workouts per week.

Thanks for clarifying, I know RH as a furniture store and a blood protein and couldn't figure out why either one would apply to a calorie counting site!

As far as the target calorie difference, MFP's calorie recommendation doesn't include exercise. It works by giving you a baseline for daily activity (job, housework, chasing kids....the consistent day to day stuff you'd have to do whether you were trying to lose weight or not). You get more calories after you've done the exercise or extra activity. It sounds like the Team RH calorie goal is based on the assumption that you will actually do the exercise and get the steps--you don't get additional calories afterward. Since they use entirely different methods to come up with the calorie goal, you can expect to see entirely different calorie goals as a result.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

@Jackie9003
    If they are giving you 2500 to also attempt to lose 2lbs a week it would suggest they are estimating your TDEE as 3500 which is very dubious given your stated steps and low volume exercise.

Doesn't seem likely to be correct when MFP's estimate of your TDEE on a non-exercise day is only 2400.
    Sounds to me more like they are suggesting you lose weight slower but you should clarify that with them or you could be making a false comparison.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    Thats a good point, I don't know what the rate of loss is in their calculations.
    I've been on here quite a few years now and track my burn rate on my fitbit, after reviewing my history I can't imagine a time where I can eat 2500cals every single day and lose weight.
  • kristafb
    Options
    Hello, sorry didn't mean to shout into the abyss as stated above, life got in the way & I got busy. I just recently signed up myself after following their facebook page for about a year. As one of the other stated the main coach is very matter of fact, no punches pulled kind of guy. Super blunt & doesn't take any excuses. I like that. It is totally calories in vs calories out and they do have my calories set at 2400 with macros that they specify. After years of doing keto or low carb & every other diet in between I'm loving it! I am set to do 5 strength work outs per week & 5000 steps a day right now (I have bad knees so taking it slow) I'm down 5.4 lbs so far which is about 3 times what I lost eating 14-16oo calories a day. I really like the support of the group on fb & the app gives you goals per day to reach bronze.silver or gold depending on how you do on your goals. Its just a mental thing try to get your gold star per day. So far I'm really enjoying it.
  • kristafb
    Options

How long ago did you join? The numbers are scary at first but so many people in his group get great results. I'm just going to trust it. I'm in canada so didn't have the month to month option, so I signed up for the full year. I figure I've tried everything else, may as well give it a go
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I signed up Sunday, and I don't like it, it's not what I expected at all, there's no 1-1 coaching. Their level of exercise to enable me to eat 2500 cals and lose weight is more than I can either commit to or achieve.
    I do enjoy his Facebook page though.
  • kristafb
    Options
    @Jackie9003 i get that. I’ve reached out to the coaches a couple of times on the app and they’ve been very responsive and very helpful but there isn’t the individual coaching that I was sort of led to believe there would be. So I get what you’re saying there. But overall I’m pretty happy with it yes they do expect you to work out quite a bit but you can pick your levels as far as how many steps etc. and I’m starting out slow at 5000 steps and three workouts a week and so far I’m managing it. I just started last week and I’m down 6.6 pounds so I’m pretty happy with it even though I’m sure that’s just water weight presently but I’ll take it
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I’m pleased you’ve found something that works for you, that’s really important if you’re going to stick to it and 6.6lbs is brilliant. Best of luck!
  • kristafb
    Options
    Thanks Jackie!