Back Again!

Options
Trying this again. I’ve been heavy my whole life but recently hit my heaviest. Have had some real eye openers. I have more motivation this time. Looking for similar friends.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey.
  • Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Never give up!
  • kdtrefz
    kdtrefz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in this boat with you! Here again myself. Really trying to reach my goals as I’m turning 50 in a couple months and can not believe I am 50# over weight. Would love to keep you motivated if you can do the same for me. Thanks! And good luck!
  • TMarieCleg
    TMarieCleg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same... send me a FR and we can help each other track !
  • joebeauchesne
    joebeauchesne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I (rejoined) MFP last summer at 51 although I wasn't at my highest weight, I was still quite a bit higher than my low, and had lots of related health issues. My goals (was and still is) to get back to a "normal" weight, which was about 60# total. To date, I'm down 45# from that point, with the rest to go. My plan calls for losing 5 lbs a month or so (rather than shooting for it faster) and then maintain it. This is the slowest I've lost weight, but also the first time I didn't live in the gym to make it happen. I am still pretty active, walking my dogs ~3 miles each morning, but MFP is the key - sticking to the calorie plans and targets works...at least for me.

Some days are harder than others, (and progress is definitely not linear) but every day/week/month gets me closer to target!

Stick with it, weigh everything you eat that isn't super healthy for you, move a bit more, and eat a bit less...For me, its a bit easier now than it was when I started as the discipline and the habits are in place...

Never tell yourself you can't have something you really want to eat...figure out the minimum you can live with and work it into your plan once it a while. If you can't figure that out, then definitely don't eat it, but that isn't ideal for long term success.