calorie challenge???

Options
Hi

I am new to this and I have been tracking my calories prior to joining this site and I usually only cosume around 900-1000! When I did the info. they told me I need 1500. i am know you need food to fuel and that is what helps aid in losing weight. I am nervous though that if I increase so many I will gain weight?? I work out 5-6 times a week for about 45. Also, I eat every 2-3 hours I dont know how to increase my calories when I feel full already???? any thoughts?

traci

Replies

• eeekmom
    Options
    Hi

I am new to this and I have been tracking my calories prior to joining this site and I usually only cosume around 900-1000! When I did the info. they told me I need 1500. i am know you need food to fuel and that is what helps aid in losing weight. I am nervous though that if I increase so many I will gain weight?? I work out 5-6 times a week for about 45. Also, I eat every 2-3 hours I dont know how to increase my calories when I feel full already???? any thoughts?

traci
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I eat 6 times, 3 meals at 300 calories and 3 snacks at 100 calories, so that's already 1200 calories. I'm interested in two things, one, what are you eating that allows you to eat every two hours yet only adds up to 900 calories a day? We're always looking for low calorie suggestions. Two, are you maintaining your current weight at that intake or have you been losing?? I see by checking on your profile that you have a small amount to lose, but that doesn't mean it's all you've lost. So, if you have tried yet failed to lose, it could be that you need to eay more. You'll read many stories here about people who ate more and then lost more, I am one of them. So welcome to the group and best of luck.
  • eeekmom
    Options
    I have lost about 2-3. I eat Kashi cereal for breakfast. I have a protein shake for snack, lunch i eat chicken ( i buy a cooked one on sunday and just pull it apart and eat it for lunches all week long with 1 slice of wheat bread, I eat fruit throughout and then for dinner either chicken and veggies or turkey burger with veggies and then a protein shake after I work out. I also drink abour 8-10 glasses of water a day.
    Although this weekend was HORRIBLE and I got off track and ate junk all weekend. anyway, i just dont know if its not enough or what???? thanks for your info.

traci
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses that say to up your calorie intake as your body is holding onto everything it has and won't let anything go. Make it healthy stuff though, and don't do like I did when I had 600 calories left one day and try to eat a cup of ice cream. I had no idea until that day that I usually eat less than a quarter cup of ice cream when I have it.
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    Try eating some toasted wallnuts or almonds. They always help me reach my calories when I'm lacking some.