Horseback Riding Fit?

Options
Hey y'all, I've been on here a little while, recently started trying to get more involved in the 'Community' side. One of my primary motivations is to lose weight and become more athletic for horseback riding and other outdoorsy things. I have a horse but haven't ridden regularly in a few years and would like to get back to that this year, so I'm looking for friends who also ride so we can help motivate and get ideas from each other!
Add me! :)
(Always open getting to know non-horsey people too, of course!)

Replies

• NorthernChicX
    NorthernChicX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started today ☺️ I tried to find an active horse group in here, but came up short. Getting back in the saddle is my biggest motivator as well 🥰
  • Mountainbreezes
    Mountainbreezes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I looked too, I really thought there would be a group! Added you though :) What kind of riding are you aiming to do/already do?
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Save a horse, ride a cowboy. :D Just a song detour there. I couldn't help myself.
    Jump right back into the Community, the water is fine. You'll be back in the saddle in no time. :)
  • kristenmillernewton
    Options
    Hi all, avid rider here looking to meet other riders on a journey to fitness and/or weight loss! Would love to find some riding friends on MFP!
  • tamfella
    tamfella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been horseless for the last 6 months or so, for the first time in my adult life, and am definitely noticing the difference in my fitness. Trying to do something about it while I save for a new pony.