Blisters!

Options
I was wondering if anybody has used or knew of any products that help prevent blisters. I bought a pair of shoes and completely not thinking, went for a two and a half mile walk with them, which caused UNGODLY blisters. I couldn't wear shoes or even loose sicks for over a week! I returned those shoes doe a pair that didn't hit me so high on the heel and were a lot more comfortable- you get what you pay for, I definitely learned that.

So I broke in these shoes for about a week, wore them all day to school and anytime I went out. Wore these for a similar walk, and I now have more blisters! I made sure to wear good quality socks that were 98% spandex, as I read that cotton will hold moisture and help cause blisters.

I've read about different things online, but I was wondering if anyone on here has found something that worked. Sorry this is so long!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Battle wounds. They will become calluses.
  • ginny1214
    Options
    No to prevent, but if you get some put mole skin around it and they won't hurt :)
  • cambria1980
    Options
    Try 2 pairs of socks`the one next to your skin can be a lighter weight.
    Jmal
  • weezella
    weezella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did some research on the barefoot walking and actually prefer this over walking with sneakers. I bought a pair of skeletoes and I am IN LOVE!! Not the cutest things in the world but I LOVE THEM!!

Tia
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've had problems with blisters when hiking and have tried loads of things - all worth a go as they work differently for different people.

* Try double layer running socks (Hilly do double socks - you can order online)
    * Putting plasters on the sore spots before you even put your shoes on
    * Put athletic tape on the parts of your feet that rub
    * Put plenty of talc on your feet (sweat can cause blisters)
    * Consider that these shoes aren't 'broken in' and that well fitting shoes don't need 'breaking in'
    * I ended up seeing a podiatrist for other reasons and turns out my feet are rubbing because I'm landing on them in the wrong way as I'm flat footed. Since wearing orthotics the blisters on my heels have stopped (but now I've got them on the soles of my feet as they harden and adapt to my new gait - grrrrrrrr)