Baked Fried Chicken

Options
I love fried chicken but hate all the oil. Anyone got any good baked fried recipe's? Thanks in advance

Replies

• kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i would put like what ever kind of spices you like (i love new orleans style chicken spice lol) with flour in a plastic baggy and cover the chicken. i love putting dijon mustard and then cover it with the seasonings. also, a lot of times my grandma covers chicken with dijon mustard and then crushed corn flakes :) its yummy! then just bake it :)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Oooh ya, I don't have my specific measurements right now, but all you do is mix flour with salt and pepper, then take each chicken piece and dunk it in lf buttermilk and dredge it in the flour, salt/pepper mixture. Place them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle 2 Tablespoons veggie oil on top (of the entire recipe) and bake. I'll try to remember to get the measurements tomorrow, but it is the best recipe EVER! You seriously won't miss traditional fried chicken.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken

1-2 lbs of chicken, cut into strips
    1/2 cup of egg beaters
    1 cup progresso italian style bread crumbs
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    1 tsp of garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    2 tsp cayenne pepper (I like mine spicey so adjust accordingly)

Mix everything but chicken and egg beaters together. Dip chicken into egg beaters then generously coat with bread crumb mixture. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, place chicken in oven preheated to 375 degrees. Cooking time depends on how big or small your pieces of chicken are but just cook until juices run clear.

I like to serve with Betty Crockers 80 calorie mashed potatoes and steamed corn... yum yum!
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'll try out all of your recipe's when we have chicken
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This isn't fried...but it's good

Put on egg in a bowl and beat it up..add about half a cup of almond milk (or whatever milk you use), add salt and pepper....dip your chicken in the egg mixture, then cover in crushed corn flakes....put on tin foil in a baking pan......I do about four chicken breasts at a time...when the chicken is in, i add more crushed c. flakes to the egg mixture and pile it on and around the chicken...bake at 350 about an hour...I always test the chicken to make sure it's done inside...I like mine almost burnt.....pretty tasty....
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Oven Fried Chicken
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 drumstick • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 170.7 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 14.5 g • Carb: 14.7 g • Fiber: 3.1 g

6 medium bone-in skinless drumsticks
    2 1/2 cups bran flakes
    3 tsp kosher salt, less if you are using regular salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    5 tbsp Hellman's light mayonnaise
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    Oil spray
    Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack above. Spray rack with oil.

Crush cereal in a food processor or chopper. In a bowl mix crushed cereal with salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag.

Combine mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Using a cooking brush, brush onto chicken then coat chicken with crushed cereal mixture. Place chicken on wire rack and spray with oil. Bake 35-40 minutes.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken with Coleslaw

Cracker meal gives the coating more crunch; look for it on the baking aisle of your supermarket. If you can't find cracker meal, make your own by pulsing 10 saltine crackers in a food processor until they're finely ground. Or place them in a zip-top plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup slaw)
    COURSE: Main Dishes
    Ingredients

Coleslaw:
    4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
    3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
    1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    Chicken:
    1 cup low-fat buttermilk
    4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup cracker meal(or use panko crumbs)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons butter
    Preparation

1. To prepare coleslaw, combine first 6 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill.

2. Preheat oven to 425°.

3. To prepare chicken, combine buttermilk and chicken in a shallow dish, turning to coat.

4. Combine flour and cracker meal in a shallow dish. Transfer chicken from buttermilk to a work surface. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Working with one chicken breast half at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess; set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and flour mixture.

5. Melt butter in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, meat side down; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken over, and bake at 425° for 32 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 342
    Calories from fat: 0.0%
    Fat: 8.8g
    Saturated fat: 4.5g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 45.1g
    Carbohydrate: 18.5g
    Fiber: 2.6g
    Cholesterol: 123mg
    Iron: 2.3mg
    Sodium: 672mg
    Calcium: 95mg
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump!:flowerforyou:
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken

Chicken drumsticks - skinned
    Mustard (like dijon)
    Plain dried bread crumbs (like planko)
    Dried herbs (like tarragon, thyme, or oregano)
    salt and pepper

Brush the drumsticks with mustard

Mix the breadcrumbs and seasonings in a large zip close plastic bad. Add the drumsticks, seal the bag and shake to coat the drumsticks.

Bake the drumsticks at 450F until browned and cooked through.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Bump
  • Ladytazzz
    Options
    I haven't made this in years but it was one of my favorites.
    I had some leftover popcorn and didn't know what to do with it so I put it in the blender and then I dipped the chicken pieces in some egg and then in the popcorn and baked it at 350 for about an hour (can't remember it's been a while). It was really good. When I first heard about popcorn chicken I thought they were talking about doing this.
  • krissydisme
    krissydisme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump ! ! yum !
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    BUMPITY BUMP
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Baked "Southern Fried Chicken"

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Rinse and pat dry: 1 chicken, cut in pieces (I use 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, depending on size)
    Combine & mix on wax paper: 1.5 Cups flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    3 dashes onion or garlic powder
    Pour in a shallow bowl: 1.5 Cups buttermilk
    Spray baking pan with: nonstick cooking spray

Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, then in flour mix. Place meaty side down in baking pan. Drizzle with 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Bake for 30 minutes, turn chicken over and bake 15 mins more.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump!!!