Weightloss Journey

Options
I'm a 27 yr old female 5'5" and 190lbs. I hope to lose about 50lbs by the end of the year. Here is my plan:
- 1600 Calories 6 days a week
- One Cheat Meal a week on Saturday (dinner only)
- 10,000 Steps a day
- 10 mins Full body workout twice a week (will work up to 7 days a week)
Tell me what you guys think.

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a great plan, written down. Take this with a grain of salt because I'm just thinking of how it'd work for me....I can't do rigid plans. I need lots of flexibility and have learned to forgive myself if I miss walking a day or two, if I go over my calorie allotment, etc., etc.

We're all very unique individuals when it comes to things like this. What works for one doesn't work for all. And you may find ways to stick to it wholeheartedly or tweak it as needed, as you go. Healthwise, to me it sounds great!

Good luck and hope you reach goal!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    1600 sounds like a good base (Net) calorie goal.

10,000 steps a day would put you at "Active" in Myfitnesspal's calculator - is 1600 what it gives you for Active?

Then the additional 10 minute exercise/full body workouts can just be bonus activity I guess. Longer amounts of purposeful exercise would need to be accounted for in the "Exercise" tab.

As far as the one day a week where you have a treat meal, just try not to blow your week's calorie deficit in one meal! I know I could do some damage. :)
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I also think it depends how many calories your cheat meal is going to be
  • thomaskieransean106
    Options
    Great start to have goals but be flexible and log everything as accuratelyas you can. Realise some days will be better then others and having some flexibility around your "cheat" meal can make life easier if you have a social engagement or just have a bad day.