HELP! AM I LOSSING TOO MUCH TO FAST..?

Options
I see posts that people lose 1-2 lbs a week...and others that loose 4-5 lbs a week..and many people comment that they have to be careful about calories they eat vs calories they burn during exercise....

I just started 3 weeks ago...

1st week I lost 8.6 lbs.
2nd week I gained 2 lbs..(everyone told me it was because I was exercising and building muscle but was depressed all day
3rd week I lost 5 lbs..
4th week weigh in on Monday morning

Replies

• TheShelterCat
    Options
    I think the more weight you have to lose, the quicker it comes off in the beginning. As long as you're still eating enough, I dont think its an issue.If you are really concerned though, its better to get advice from your doctor.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my weight loss..it just got a bit concerning after I saw the posts...and true I have heard that when you are heavier you tend to lose more weight....thanks for the input
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    In the beginning, you'll find that a good amount of weight comes off right away. And then you'll start to even out a little, losing a less each week as your body adjusts, which is why some people get discouraged because they think that they're doing something wrong. But just as long as you're working out and eating right, you're fine. :)
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It is natural for someone to who has a lot to lose to have it drop quickly at first. Some of it is water and the rest is your body doing what it should. Don't get discouraged as progress slows (and it will). You can do this.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i lost weight fast Im fine today and keeping the weight off......................................congrats on your weight loss!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I started off at 350 and actually didn't lose much weight in the beginning but once I really started getting into it, the weight literally falls off. A lot of it in the beginning is water weight, so you should see the number stabilize to 2-4 pounds a week depending on what you're eating and how hard you're working out. As long as you're working at it, it's just your body responding to it. Congrats and keep it up!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    First, when you start losing weight it will often come off very quickly especially if you are obese. Most of this is water weight, and losing it will not hurt you. As for the weight gain, I can state for sure it was not muscle. Muscle takes months to put on, not a week unless you were using steroids. It was probably a re-bound from the large loss the week before. You will find the weight loss will slow to 2 per week or so in several weeks. For now, as long as you are eating all your calories in good nutritious foods you will be just fine.
  • butterfly3747
    Options
    The heavier you weigh, the more you lose. People with less weight to lose, lose it slower. As you slim down your loses will decrease.
  • Navallez
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words...need the support..have a longgggggg way to go
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I see posts that people lose 1-2 lbs a week...and others that loose 4-5 lbs a week..and many people comment that they have to be careful about calories they eat vs calories they burn during exercise....

I just started 3 weeks ago...

1st week I lost 8.6 lbs.
    2nd week I gained 2 lbs..(everyone told me it was because I was exercising and building muscle but was depressed all day
    3rd week I lost 5 lbs..
    4th week weigh in on Monday morning
    Every day is different, when I am on a monthly my weight can differ over half a stone!! I know!! Crazy and this is over a couple of days... So I dont weigh myself now, if I cant fit into my jeans I have problems xx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words...need the support..have a longgggggg way to go

Also you have already come a long way xxx Keep it up... This site is amazing, so are you x
  • Navallez
    Options
    rileysowner...I figured it wasnt muscle lol....but I did everything right...didnt think about it being a rebound from my 1st week
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation... I think!

I've lost about 20lbs in about 3 and a half weeks.

I took a squizz at your diary - you're exercising a LOT. That coupled with the initial big drop off at the start, as long as you're not hungry I don't see it being a problem.

Feel I have to add... I think I'm VERY lucky to have lost so much so quickly and I'm holding onto that for when I stop losing so much in a week!!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Basically I'm losing steadily, but find when I over do the sodium intake, I can gain back 2-3 lbs. in a day, and then it takes another 4-6 to take it off again.... but it's just water, so stick to it. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 10 lbs a month and I'm working out 1-3 times a day, logging all of my foods and eating back majority of my calories. Yes, if you have more to loose it came come off quicker and if you work hard and eat right it can still come off fast.

As long as you are eating well, working out consistantly and not taking any 'lose weight fast' supplements you should be fine.
  • Navallez
    Options
    Adrenaline_Queen...this IS a Great site...so happyyyy I found it..and to think I was just browsing
  • Navallez
    Options
    not taking any meds, pills or supplements...doing it the NATURAL way...lol of course after considering gastric bypass...I figured I am at risk if I dont have the surgery and I am at risk if I do have the surgery...and my husband and kids were so against it kept telling me I can do it on my own....
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    You can! :bigsmile:
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you are not eating enough at all! You will lose fast in the beginning but it will slow down or stop if you don't start eating your calories.
  • Navallez
    Options
    I am eat my meals and get full...I am not hungry at all. and I am not eating small portions...you really think I am not eating enough?