reducing fat percentage

Options
I am eating less than 1200 calories a day and trying to keep my carbs to 40%; protein to 40%; and fat to 20%. Every day, when I look at the piechart, it shows that my fat intake is about 45%. I am eating carefully, and choosing good fats. Any suggestions on how to get the # down to 20% or under?

Replies

• LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hard to say because I can't see your diary, but can you switch to a low fat or no fat version of something you're already eating? It's probably easiest to do that with milk and cheese. Otherwise, just try adding a low fat high carb snacks (oranges, sweet potatoes, oatmeal) or low fat high protein sides (shrimp, tofu, lentils) to scoot those percentages around. Good luck!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can give more specific advice. What category are you over? Protein or carbs?
  • retta87
    retta87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I switched to a lower fat eating regimen and now I don’t go to the bathroom. But it’s probably all in what you eat. I eat a pretty low calorie intake as well. Some days I get to 1500. But when I consistent at 1200 eventually I’m going to have a cheat meal that’s big enough to ruin everything I worked so hard towards. I have an app I use to track my bfp. It says I’m 22% but I feel like I’m more like a 24. Results will come rapidly for you out of nowhere one day. It’s how it goes
  • Bridgie3
    Bridgie3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to do this?

My macros are 10:20:70 carb, protein & fat.

:)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    There are some nutritional minimums everyone needs, and that’s harder to do the harder you cut. 1200 sounds low. The rule of thumb nutritional minimum for fat (for hormone synthesis and vitamin absorption) is 0.35g per pound body weight. IMHO, knowing your macro minimums in grams is more helpful than % of daily intake.

Our m8 is wise!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Look at your FOOD diary and figure out how to move things around.

With that said, when I was on lowered calories I ate around 40-50% fat daily. Fat doesn't make you fat, and if you're trying to eat so low (1200 is likely TOO low..) then you'll necessarily have to eat a larger percentage of your calories from fat.

Like everyone is saying, maybe recalculate and open your FOOD page for us to see where you can make changes.

Go to FOOD > Settings and scroll down, click "Public" and save.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    janicea10 wrote: »
    I am eating less than 1200 calories a day and trying to keep my carbs to 40%; protein to 40%; and fat to 20%. Every day, when I look at the piechart, it shows that my fat intake is about 45%. I am eating carefully, and choosing good fats. Any suggestions on how to get the # down to 20% or under?

The pie chart is just a snapshot in time. Look at your actual food diary and how many grams you are eating relative to your total goal. If I eat eggs for breakfast and nothing else and I look at the pie chart it's going to tell me that 100% is protein and fat...because it's only showing me that particular snapshot in time and that's all I've eaten to that point. If you bother with the pie chart, you'd only want to look at it at the very end of the day when you're done consuming food and beverage.