Do you want to keep track of more than just your neck, waist

Options
I'm pretty new, but I had no idea that we have the option to track ANY of our measurements, and figured that if I didn't know, there were probably others who didn't know either. If you would like to keep track of other measurements like your biceps, thighs, calves, etc., click on My Home, then click Check In, and underneath the other measurements, there's a link that says, "Change Measurements". Click that link, and under the Neck, Waist and Hips (which you could remove if you wanted... ahh if it were only that easy to remove my waist IRL...) it says Add Another Measurement, and has a box for you to put in whatever label you want... so you could add your biceps or thighs or whatever.

Or, if you wanted to be cute about it, you could put in, "Left Gun... Right Gun... Left Thunderthigh, Right Thunderthigh..." etc. :wink:

Anyway, I just thought that was so cool, and had no idea!

LOVE this site!

Edited to Add:

PS: if you're lost about how to take proper measurements, here's a site that can help you:
http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/body-tape-measurements.html

Just scroll about halfway down the page to get to the measurements....

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I'm pretty new, but I had no idea that we have the option to track ANY of our measurements, and figured that if I didn't know, there were probably others who didn't know either. If you would like to keep track of other measurements like your biceps, thighs, calves, etc., click on My Home, then click Check In, and underneath the other measurements, there's a link that says, "Change Measurements". Click that link, and under the Neck, Waist and Hips (which you could remove if you wanted... ahh if it were only that easy to remove my waist IRL...) it says Add Another Measurement, and has a box for you to put in whatever label you want... so you could add your biceps or thighs or whatever.

Or, if you wanted to be cute about it, you could put in, "Left Gun... Right Gun... Left Thunderthigh, Right Thunderthigh..." etc. :wink:

Anyway, I just thought that was so cool, and had no idea!

LOVE this site!

Edited to Add:

PS: if you're lost about how to take proper measurements, here's a site that can help you:
    http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/body-tape-measurements.html

Just scroll about halfway down the page to get to the measurements....
  • nightowl128
    Options
    thanks for the tip i'm a newbie at this too..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It was very kind of you to take the time to share with fellow MFPrs!!

I have found that when I am very upset with no pound removal, I can check my measurements and get an uplift!! This past 6 wks or so, I have not lost much weight at all, but have gone down an entire size.

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    haha thunder thighs :happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of those measurements are so important too. So times I still feel really fat, but then I look at the measurements and remember how much I actually shrunk. I have lost over 7 in in my waste and 6 in my hips. 3 from my chest and 3 in my bust (under my boobs) If I'm ever feeling down, I just hold up the tape measure around my waist at what it use to be. Then I feel a ton better.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    YES! I guess I was the only one who didn't know this. :blushing: Oh well, at least I could serve as a reminder to take measurements! :laugh:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just took my measurements for the first time in a month....almost 1 inch gone off my waist!!!!

I am very happy cause I have been logging the miles on the treadmill so it's really great to see the pay off!!!!

Happy Day To All:drinker:
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Absolutely,
    I measure each bicep, chest, shoulders, waist, hips, and both thighs. I do it every week, and I track it in an excel spread sheet. I also track my Body Fat % and that is what I use to monitor my success more than my weight on the scales. Yes, measure, measure, measure!!!! and guage by how your clothes fit. Good job all of you measurers out there... quit worrying about what the scale says.. worry what that tape measure says!!! it's a good thing!