Rewards

Options
Does anyone have any ideas on how one can reward themselves if they stay on task. I feel like I would do better counting calories, exercising, etc. if I had some kind of reward for my efforts. I know I will be greatly rewarded when I can fit into my skinny jeans but do others splurge on something nice when they hit the small milestones along the way?

Replies

• daves160
    Options
    I was going to say new clothes.
    I have lost 55 lbs. so far and all my clothes now look like tents. I told myself I will not buy any new clothes until I hit the 200 lb. mark. I finally did it and bought a couple of pairs of jeans ans a couple of shirts. What I did not expect was all the compliments I have received when wearing my new clothing. Suddenly a lot of people noticed I am "looking really good". That is my reward I suppose, and it gives me motivation to get rid of the last 20 lbs.
  • robynroo
    Options
    i haven't rewarded my self yet.
    well not properly.
    but i am thinking about the skinny jeans i've wanted for a long time when i reach my goal weight.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I rarely buy myself something nice so when I reach my mildstones I treat myself to that nice designer hand bag or piece of Tiffany jewelry that I have had my eye on! It makes me work hard and I don't feel guilty when I buy it because I honestly feel I earned it! New clothes is always nice too, but when you lose so much weight that becomes a necessity rather than a splurg...lol :wink:
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on a tattoo when I reach the target my Doc set for me :)