eating every 3 hours ?!

Options
I have heard many stories saying that eating little and often is better for you. Every 2-3 hours? What does everyone else feel about this ? has anybody tried and succeded ? :)

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily better for you, but for some people it makes it easier to stay under their calorie goal. So if it works for you, and you want, to do.

I generally do 3 meals and 2-3 snacks of varying sizes.
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat small meals/snacks every three to four hours...I just feel less deprived...Ive read its better for metabolism but am not sure if thats true or not..
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    it's personal preference, it won't hinder weight loss if you choose to eat more infrequently
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I tend to do it anyway, but I have found eating even smaller amounts more often (sometimes even 100-200 calories every 2 hours) can really help with satiety, which keeps you on track for calories.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    It helped me in the beging of my lifestyle change, because I was a carb aholic, so eating every three hours kept my blood sugar steady.
  • gmann1973
    Options
    its what I try to do my energy seems to stay higher
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours all the time the last year..I never used to and then I finally realized that it has helped me out a lot to. I had a better weight loss by eating 5-6 times a day...3 small meals & 3 snacks...My metabolism stayed at an even keel of burning and my sugar insulin levels didn't drop...It is a better thing to do..
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I find when I'm eating properly I need something to eat every 2 hours, I feel like I'm eating all the time but I'm losing weight doing it :smile:
  • StephW1990
    Options
    Think I'll give it a try !! Thanks guys :happy:
  • OtakuEngineer
    Options
    Since I started restricting my calories I find it a lot easier to eat every few hours in smaller portions rather than a few big meals. I find that I eat more when I let myself get the point where I'm actually hungry. Some days I need more food than others so I'll eat a little more at some times, but overall similar sized portions 2-3 hours apart. I would imagine it's more of a matter of personal preference though, just do what helps you out.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks per day, which means that I eat every 4 hours or so. I find it curbs my desire to binge at meals but also helps me refrain from eating unhealthy food between meals since I have regularly scheduled snacks. It's not for everyone, but it's what works for me.
  • dk0713
    dk0713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks per day, which means that I eat every 4 hours or so. It has really helped me out. I have lost 18 lbs doing this. The trick is to make up your snacks ahead of time so you can grab a bag of healthy snacks. Then you really don't eat as much at your meals. I think it does keep your metabolism at a more even burning range. Once you get in the habit though you better have something handy to snack on!!
  • 2sexy4myself
    Options
    I eat every 2.5 to 3 hours per day. They are small meals/snacks. I have 2 oz of protein each time, carbs/vegs at breakfast/lunch/dinner and the other times I add some fruit. I started this on 8/25 and have lost 15 pounds. This is definately working for me. I don't get too hungry and when I do, I drink water and that usually helps. My motto is that if you feel hungry, your metabolism is working and there's a good chance you are losing weight.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks per day, which means that I eat every 4 hours or so.

Copy-cat much?? Seriously... Try using your own words next time.
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 meals a day and it is working for me! Feel free to view my diary. My daughter switched to 5-6 meals last week and saw a good wt drop this last week. I am rarely hungry. The biggest secret is to plan ahead. I always have snacks and pack my lunch so I am never hungry. Good luck!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I dont get hungry that often, so I stick to 3 a day. The 5-6 is to keep you fed so you arent hungry, in other words, are less tempted to cheat
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks per day, which means that I eat every 4 hours or so.

Copy-cat much?? Seriously... Try using your own words next time.

Lol I saw that was wonder why they said the same thing