Diet beverages...

Options
Does anybody have any info on whether or not diet beverages, flavored Waters diet carbonated beverages any of those things count as your 8 cups of water? I know water is water. But is that 8oz of a fluid intake or adjust water intake in addition to other fluids?

Replies

• Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I hadn't thought of it as just keeping myself well hydrated.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    drink whatever until your pee is light yellow/clearish more often then not and dont worry about rest. I could not drink much at all and pee clear from sheer volume of fruits n veg i eat. Unfortunately i love coffee and water and i get alot of steps in running to pee xD
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to do? If it's drink a certain amount of water, then I'd say no. If it's drink enough/hydrate, then I'd say yes. Whether or not you want to count it as water is largely up to you.
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate your opinions very much.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    Yes, they count. And strictly speaking fruit and veggies, and everything else containing water also counts. It's just for hydrating you.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Water Llama to track my hydration. Some drinks are more hydrating than water (like milk! I had no idea, honestly, but it checks out against what I've read from registered dieticians), while others are less (different types of alcohols can dehydrate you a lot, but I'd always heard that coffee dehydrates you, too, and that's actually not true! It's just about half as hydrating as water, though, which is why you often end up dehydrated faster than you think you would). It's been really helpful, and while it doesn't include the water content in the fruits and veggies you eat, you can log soups