calorie counter

Options
why is my limit 1200 a day, and then when i log in my exercises it moves up ? :o its confusing .

Replies

• Janetlabori
    Options
    They add calories burned during exercise to your calorie intake. It doesn't mean you have to eat it. It's just to let you know how many calories you were allowed to use.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    MFP has already calculated a calorie deficit for you each day which is included in your total allowed calories and which matches the weekly weight loss goal (1 pound, 2 pounds) that you set when you did your goals. When you exercise, you get to eat back those calories you burned, leaving yourself that same calorie deficit.
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    because when you work out, you earn more calories. Therefore, your limit goes up.:smile:
  • M1SSG
    Options
    so , i dont have to eat that much calories? and if i do eat , then do i have to exercise more again, lol sorry i am new, its hard to understand, thank you all :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you choose to eat those extra calories is completely up to you. I pretty much have to or I don't see much weight loss, but I don't have a lot to lose, either.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you set up MFP right to start with then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. Depending on how far under the daily calorie goal you are, you are very likely to cause your body to hang onto the fat it has by either slowing down or even stopping fat loss. It may not happen right away but eventually you will most likely plateau. If you have a lot of weight to lose you can probably get away with it longer but as you have less to lose your body will plateau easier. May sound counter-intuitive but that's just the way it is.