Food allergy

Options
KikiBear219
KikiBear219 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2022 in Recipes
I am looking for cinnamon rolls or bread recipes that do not contain egg, dairy, nuts and soy. Any help is much appreciated

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Most cinnamon roll recipes are going use enriched dough, which means dairy and/or eggs. I would just find a plain white (wheat) flour recipe, roll or pat it out in a rectangle after the first rise, spread a mix of cinnamon, sugar, and whatever nondairy margarine you like, roll it up (like a jelly roll), and slice off rolls or buns. I would put them in a pan with a little space between them for a second rise. The cooking time will likely be less than the recipe's time for a loaf. I would start checking them after 25 minutes, or maybe even 20 minutes if I got nervous, although I really would expect it to take more than 20 minutes.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    With that list of allergies, you might want to include “AIP” on your Google search for recipes. It stands for Autoimmune protocol, an elimination diet that includes those items plus a few more. You might not find exactly what you’re looking for, but you might come close. The Phoenix Helix is one of my favorite AIP recipe bloggers, she has a weekly round table of recipes from other bloggers going back for years, too.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Alot of vegan recipes will fit these requirements. Just Google searched vegan cinnamon rolls and lots came up that fit. You can always use other oat milk in place of whatever is recommended.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Most bread recipes do not contain any of those. If a recipe calls for butter replace with olive oil.
    https://cafedelites.com/artisan-bread-recipe/
  • np33441
    np33441 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to make cinnamon rolls all the time that used a plain bread dough (water, flour, yeast, salt). Like someone said earlier, just roll it out into a rectangle, spread with sugar, cinnamon, and whatever butter substitute you please. Then roll it up, slice, and bake.
    Delicious, dairy/egg/nut/soy free, and easy.