Help!

Options
Hello all, I have fallen of of the wagon! Diet and excersise wise again! Why is this sooooo hard! I just dont get it my motivation goes from super high to "I dont care" I watched "I used to be fat" tonight and that motivates me the girl lost 90 pounds over summer and she looked amazing!

I dont want to be fat forever! I am 30 and I want to have nice pictures to look back where I think I look good!

x Kelly

Replies

• mitchellsmama
    Options
    Then lets go girl! Do something!!!! Get your mojo back!!!!!
  • vcreinert
    Options
    When you really want to do it you will. You decide.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've been there! Most recently, this past summer - fell off the workout and healthy eating wagon and didn't even look back as it rolled away without me! :tongue: Finally got motivated again three weeks ago after stepping on the scale and seeing that I've gained 6lbs over the summer (after losing 12lbs over a year ago, and I had been keeping it off). :noway:

I workout in the morning before my kid goes to school (was doing it after drop off, but before is even better for me), so it helps me a TON if I get my workout clothes out the night before. I put them on the seat of my computer chair, so I can't avoid them in the morning! LOL I make coffee, let the dogs in, start drinking water, and put the DVD into the tv so it's loaded. And I set a time of when I must start working out so I'll be done in time to take the kiddo to school, and JUST DO IT! :bigsmile: Having the time limit of school drop off does help. I know that if I wait until I get back, hubby might be up (huge distraction), or I'll go back to the computer, etc. etc.

You can do it! And by watching my foods, tracking diet and exercise here, I've stayed on track for 3 weeks, and I'm down 5lbs, and not sure how many inches. Yay!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Do you have anyone in your life that also is trying to lose weight?
    Maybe you could hold each other accountable?

If we all didn't fall off the wagon sometimes then MFP would not exsist LOL

Good Luck
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Keep track of your progress on the site and think how good you feel when you are working out. Keep this post to remind yourself why you are doing this. So you fell off the wagon, it happens, just don't be that person that watches the wagon go off into the sunset, tomorrow is a new week, hope back on the wagon and reach your goals.
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    :wink: You have to ask yourself this question: How bad do you want it? You have the motivation in you!!! Get your mind set and you can do this!!!!!:smile:
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    You need to find something to motivate you and keep you motivated. It's really really hard and honestly I thought I had found motivation plenty of times just to have it fade away rather quickly.

Maybe try finding goals only a month or two apart? For instance, Thanksgiving is a month and a half away. Use that as a goal and don't even think about how much weight you have to lose in the long run. Instead, just focus on the weight you want to lose before Thanksgiving. Then, use Christmas or New Years. Then Valentine's Day. Then your birthday/anniversary/whatever special events are happening in your life.

Mini goals break it down a bit and make it a little less overwhelming. For me anyway.

Try to get involved in your local weight loss group. Even if you just join a group exercise once a week, that's one day a week you know you'll be exercising, plus you'll meet other people with the same goals. Having online friends that motivate you is really nice, but having someone right there in person doing it along with you definitely helps.

Other than that, you've just got to remind yourself why you're doing this.
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    Well, the fact that you asked the question means you have the desire to do it. I agree with other posts. We've all fallen off the wagon. Getting back on it is the first step. I fell off big time last week!! Just think of each day as a brand new start. Don't look back, rather look forward. It's a struggle either way. You will either struggle because you feel bad when you eat and see the weight going back on OR you will struggle with not being able to eat your favorite foods but then you'll see the weight coming off!!!

It's NEVER easy that is for sure. We all can agree there. Good luck to you :-)
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I want to say a massive thank you! Honestly I appreaciate the honesty and the fact that you didnt ll join in my pity party -) You are all so right I can and will do this! Thank you all again x