Sweets!!

Options
Nomatterhowsmall
Nomatterhowsmall Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone else struggle the most with sweets? Especially during the afternoon hours just as the day drags on? I theorize that’s when I probably need to have a high protein snack but sweets are easy quick energy (yes empty energy/calories) and oh so yummy!

Does anyone else struggle with this? What has helped? And tips? Any not so indulgent snacks that help curb the craving but still help you towards your goals?

Also feel free to add me the more support the better, we can cheer each other on!

Replies

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I struggle with sweets as well. I seem to crave them most in the evening hours. I purchased Special K Strawberry Crisps. (2 Crisps only 100 calories)This helps me a bit. I would appreciate any good tips as well. 🙂
  • kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It is taking supernatural powers to not jump in my car, go to the store, and pick up a whole bunch of cookies.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we can't keep sweets in the house. No matter what size it is, every bag is a Single Serving to me. Oh, 64oz of Peanut Butter M&Ms?? Yes, I will devour that while mindlessly binge watching Queer Eye, thanks. So, since I do most of the grocery shopping, I just don't buy them. If I'm going to a store, I bring a list and I only get what is written on the list. I've been trying to replace sweet snacks with whole fruit, cheese cubes, trail mix (this one is easy to over do, though, so actually measure it out in a little bowl and leave the bag in the pantry!!) or herbal/green tea. It's still got sugar, the tea has caffeine and even with a sweetener like creamer or a teaspoon of honey it's still waaaay less calories for the same warm comforted feeling I get from nomming through chocolate. I also make sure I eat lunch on time and have a regularly scheduled afternoon snack; if I'm low on calories before dinner, I'm likely to turn into a Gremlin and binge on sugary or salty snacks in the night.
  • Nomatterhowsmall
    Options
    Yes @LaBellaHarris i agree about sugar craving gremlin if I don’t plan out my lunch appropriately or have a snack!! I think you’re right I just can’t but it!!! Thanks for the tips!
  • Nomatterhowsmall
    Options
    @SoleTrainer60 i will have to try those 100 calorie snacks! Thanks
  • Nomatterhowsmall
    Options
    @kamaboko1 i think I’m freshly out of super powers lol
  • kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd be the worst on a desert island with a group of people: "Let's talk about our favorite snacks and desserts".