Options
Hi my name is Linda I used to do Weight Watchers and since they change the plans to personal points it’s been harder for me then yesterday I went to a doctors appointment and my doctor recommended Noom should I check that out and it didn’t seem like the perfect fit for me so I decided I would try this what is everyone’s opinions on the three different weight loss apps and which one works the best for yourself?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    This one.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Save your money and count calories yourself.
    It gets easier over time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Well, we on the MFP forums are not exactly an unbiased sample :)

That said, I did WW in the 90s and prefer MFP.

On previous threads, people who have done both MFP and Noom did not seem to prefer Noom.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I tried WW recently and didn't like it, the points system just doesn't make sense, I also tried Team RH and didn't like that much either, they're quite aggressive on exercise.

This is my trusted tool, I eat something, I scan the barcode, weigh it, log it and I know how many calories I've eaten and how many I have left in the day.

I find it easy to check labels to decide what to have - there's even restaurants and takeaways on here.
    I also link my fitbit to log my exercise so I have a complete picture.

At the end of the day all "diets" work by creating a calorie deficit, for me I think MFP is the simplest way of working it out.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I personally have found that I can be successful with either WW or MyFitnessPal. BUT, I find it much easier to not feel deprived in MyFitnessPal. So, I’ve kind of developed a mental hybrid approach. I try to include many of the foods on the “zero point list” into my diet, but I measure portion sizes and track the calories instead of following WW and points. I feel that counting calories is a more accurate way to assess my intake.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,618 Member
    Options
    WW can guide you, partially, to "better/more satiating" food choices. Zero points foods are a good example. MFP and calories can help you decide which items are worth it to you and which ones aren't. There is nothing magical about zero point vs non zero point foods -- other than the fact that ww is encouraging you to eat one over the other. I don't do well when people make me do things--I prefer for it to be my own decision :wink: Noom offers "coaching" and support. There seem to exist some people who have indicated they benefited from the generic level of coaching offered by Noom. Others haven't as much. Whether it is a good enough value for you depends on your individual circumstances. I've never tried it -- was happy enough to modify my own behaviour using my logging and evaluating what was worthwhile to me and what wasn't.
  • Andie_815
    Andie_815 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did WW off and on for awhile. The constant changing of the program would always throw me off. Zero pt foods would make me want to overeat and binge and then tracking the actual pts would make me feel deprived. I did lose 10 lbs on it but then quit overall when they changed it again.

I have not tried Noom so no advice there.

I love MFP. The new updates have made it so easy to track and stay within my goals without feeling restricted. I just started back after trying Lose It for awhile and then manually tracking in a notebook.