New here :)

Options
Hi I am new here. I have used MyFitnessPal before and thought maybe I would give it another try. I’m on several different medications for depression-one of them specifically said it causes weight gain and so I quit taking it ( i did talk to my doc first) I’m 51 , I have two kids aged 14 and 8 , two sick 80 yr old parents ,full-time job ,and I’m just exhausted. I could really use a friend. Has anyone found that their medications make it difficult for them to lose any weight especially after 50? We are going to Florida this summer and I really want to feel comfortable in a swimsuit, not miserable trying to hide myself under a big black coverup. I generally only wear black or dark clothing. This is because it makes me look a little bit smaller.

Replies

• curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been on insulin since 1984, which tells your body to store fat. I can’t quit taking it, but I do utilize it best with lower carb and exercise. It’s just another barrier to wake up and make a decision about.
    I get depressed in winter, clinically. That lack of motivation is a damn beast!!!! It’s so hard to pull away from.
    Add me. I’ll be around when it gets dark. You can meet your goals