Got milk??

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
My go-to store has been out of milk all week!! I mean, nothing, zero, zip, zilch. I'm going to have to resort to coffee creamer today if dh finds the same issue at the other store.

I assumed it was due to Covid issues because some places are still short staffed because their workers are sick. :( But no, they said something about their computers being hacked.

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Not knowing where you live...are there only two places near you that sell milk?
    In my area, besides grocery stores....gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience stores all sell milk.
  • michellelawson00
    michellelawson00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oh man my sympathies. I adore milk and the thought of running out gives me the chills lol. I guess the question is how far are you willing to drive to get it LOL. I hope this situation gets better soon!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    DH is at the other store atm and we'll see if he has success. :) Yes, I live in a small community and didn't try other areas such as mini marts, etc. because I wasn't out of milk yet. I have 1 more cup of coffee's worth, then I'll be driving miles for it. :) But there aren't many brands available here so......
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I live rural too, Local dairy farms sell direct to consumer by me. You could call around, or see if your state has a “Farm to consumer” type Facebook group and ask there. See if they’ll pasteurize it for you, if you don’t want it raw.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    He got some at the 2nd store. :)
    Yay, I'm coffee ready again.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    All supermarkets around here have run out of cooking oil. If I'm lucky I can get a bottle of salad oil (not suitable for cooking), and maybe olive oil (too low smoke point for many dishes, and I have olive oil at home). Sigh. I need sunflower or rapeseed oil.