After Shred burn...what to do??

Options
I'm supposed to do day 2 of my shred workout tonight and I'm so freaking sore from day 1. Thinking about going to the gym and warming my legs up on the bike for a bit then coming home to do shred. Do u hink that'll help? How do u guys combat the post-shred pain???

Replies

• curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 2! I found that as I got into each move there was a moment of OMG this HURTS, but the pain subsided enough for me to finish the move. I'm hobbling around the house right now, but I thought I would be screaming in pain during the workout itself, and it actually wasn't too bad.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    what i honestly had to do was take 2 days off because i was almost too sore to walk
    that might not be what you want to do, but i physically couldn't work out again for those 2 days
    after that it was fine and i was able to do it every day
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I am on day 5. I try to walk before I do the shred, usually about 2 miles. The soreness does improve. I am much less sore now after day 5 than on any of the previous days. Best of luck!
  • hpdoxi
    Options
    Seriously even though it will be tough, the best thing is to keep doing it and moving those muscles. It will work out the pain faster than taking a day off. Also - drinks lots of water to fuel the muscles and your body!! I think warming up is an excellent idea for every day! It will help you feel better too before you jump right into your workout! Go for it!!! :) Also - stretch before and after, it will help get soreness away quicker and help with keeping the injuries away too.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I haven't been sore after my workouts for longer than a half a hour .. I am afraid that means I am doing something wrong but I sure hope not but anyway I have been drinking a protein shake so not sure if that is helping or not and I do my in the evenings after I clean up the house and get the boys ready for bed so normally I have been up walking/kneeling for 30ish minutes before I start
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    what i honestly had to do was take 2 days off because i was almost too sore to walk
    that might not be what you want to do, but i physically couldn't work out again for those 2 days
    after that it was fine and i was able to do it every day
    Same here! I was SO sore after the first day - took me two days before I could workout again! Don't feel bad if you need to take a day or two off, give your bod a chance to recover, and then get back to it. Advil helps a bit with the pain. Maybe just walk, or do something to stretch and burn a few calories & warm up like you said. Keep logging your foods, and then when you can move again without wincing (I was SO sore! LOL), jump back in.
  • Finigan84
    Options
    I did my second day of the shred this morning and it kicked my a**. I did not want to move at all today. This evening I did Leslie Sansone's two mile walk to losen me up and now I feel great!
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually takes 4-5 days for the soreness to fade away. Keep at it! (As long as it's the good kind of sore... not the pulled muscle kind of sore.)
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great tips so far! Heading out to warm up now!
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The most I felt it in on lvl 1 was my abs. I just took it as a sign that there IS something in there besides fat! I just have to work my way to it. :o) But, that soreness was usually gone pretty quick. Like within an hour or so. It might have helped that I did lvl 1 a few times the previous month thinking I was going to start it then but, I ended up taking more days off then doing it and only did it maybe 4 times in the month lol Starting the 1st of this month, I started the every day thing. I have missed one day so it's going to be my 31DS! I wish I had taken before pictures with the blubber showing (not that I would show the world them but for myself to compare) I know I have lost around 2 inches in my tummy so far and I can totally tell the difference already so I can't wait until my day 31 to see the whole difference. If I were you, I would make sure to take the before pictures since you are just starting! Good luck on your journey and with your soreness!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank u! I made it thru day 2 and I'm crazy sore but I was able to make it thru the workout and loosened up enough. I'm going to keep at it!