any gear hounds?

Options
jacksonpt
jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
I love new gear. It can be something as simple as new headphones or running socks, or bigger ticket items like a new wetsuit or wheelset for my bike. Any other gear hounds?

I live in the northeast, so the triathlon and biking seasons are coming to an end... bring on the end of year clearance sales!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    hey bud. i love new gear. nothing gets me more motivated then a new piece of gear. i got a new jump rope, and i've been doing that. obviously being a cyclist i'm always looking to upgrade something. i'm hoping to get a trainer soon. i live in new york city, and its getting a little too cold too soon here to keep biking outside!

i won't buy myself a wetsuit until i complete an olympic triathlon.

let me ask you this: i want to get some shoelace set up for my sneakers that won't pinch as much. any recommendations?
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I must confess I love new stuff too. I got a new nano with the radio for our anniversary and some really nice Bose headphones! And of course yesterday we went and bought long pants/jackets for working out since it's getting colder.

It helps to have a techy SO. I get all the good stuff and he keeps it working!
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bike season ends? I love getting new stuff for my bikes. I spend more on them than my cars. hahaha
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    hey bud. i love new gear. nothing gets me more motivated then a new piece of gear. i got a new jump rope, and i've been doing that. obviously being a cyclist i'm always looking to upgrade something. i'm hoping to get a trainer soon. i live in new york city, and its getting a little too cold too soon here to keep biking outside!

i won't buy myself a wetsuit until i complete an olympic triathlon.

let me ask you this: i want to get some shoelace set up for my sneakers that won't pinch as much. any recommendations?

I also find new gear to be a great motivator. Sometimes Ill go buy myself a new shirt or tires or something if Im having a hard time getting motivated to train.

Shoe laces... like the elastic no-tie laces for triathletes? There are a bunch of different brands, I assume they are all basically the same idea, but never really looked that close at them. My girlfriend bought me a set made by Yankz that Ive been pretty happy with.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm a gear junkie...i just discovered lululemon running shorts with Gu pockets....too bad they are $60 a pop...I also have more athletic shoes than dress shoes :-)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i think for me its the whole "well, i spent money on it, better use it" aspect.

i'll look into those lacing options. my feet today were just killing me.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I also have more athletic shoes than dress shoes :-)
    I knew i liked you for a reason!!!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    i'll look into those lacing options. my feet today were just killing me.
    It takes some time to get them adjusted so they feel good, but they are great once you get the fit/feel right. And they are cheap too!