McAllister's

Options
I didn't realize how many calories were in the foods at McAllister's Deli until my husband decided he like eating there. Anybody have any favorites that aren't just loaded with calories I can enjoy at this deli?

Thanks

Replies

• newarkco05
    Options
    You can get the pick two... I usually get a plain potato and a salad. Usually my meal comes out to be about 600 calories.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from there cause it is soooo good. I love the chicken salad over greens. Yes, loaded with calories with all that mayo. They do have great tea, too. I get the unsweetened. :)
  • sjwarren66
    Options
    I try to order half sandwiches to cut back on calories. Chicken salad is usually pretty low.

I prefer Paradise Bakery and Cafe - better bread and chicken salad - a half sandwich there is about 280 calories.
  • deshea_d
    Options
    I had this same realization when I started tracking my food. I use to eat there multiple times a week. I still cannot resist but I chose a little better. Now, I generally get the chose two. I either get the chicken chili, fire roasted veggie or chicken tortilla soup and pair with 1/2 turkey with pepper jack on wheat dry. I find resisting the sweet tea the hardest. There are 340 calories in each 32 oz glass. I use to drink one with my meal and fill up on my way out. Now, if I cannot resist I get the 24oz and skip the refill. I am sure there are healthier options but these chose two selections make me feeling like I am not compromising on taste, so I just visit a little less.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I get a half sandwich and then a side garden salad with fat free dressing. Depending on the sandwich you choose (look them in advance!!) it should come in under 500 cals each time. Also, they have 3-4 really good full-sized salads (or you can do the 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 specialty salad) -- just avoid the Southwestern one, since it has guacamole on it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well they just took my favorite salad off the menu which was the Sweet Chipolte Chicken Salad which was about 430 calories. You can get the pick 2 with half a salad/sandwich/soup/potato.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will certainly try those ideas. Knew I was in the right place. MFP Rocks!!