Hi all, New to the Discussions but I've been using MyFitnessPal from 12.07.2021 until now.

Options
I started using myfitnesspal in December 2021. I had gotten so overweight that I was disgusted with the way I looked. My bodyweight had gotten up to 232lbs. That was the defining moment that made me realize if I didn't get this under control, I was going to experience a lot of health issues and shorten my life. Thankfully, for myfitnesspal and a lot of hard work I've lost 17 lbs. from December 31 until today where I am now weighing 215lbs. I still have a long ways to go, but I know I will get there. My goal is to reach 190 lbs. by June 2022. I have a medium frame and still have a good bit of muscle left over from when I used to workout. I'm looking forward to speaking with you guys and reading post on here. Thanks, Scott

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    You sound like your doing really well, keep going. I have 12lbs left to go but it's going slow now, but I aim to get there before I reach 60 in October.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Awesome work so far Scott, keep it up!
  • Scott58nos
    Scott58nos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks annliz23,

How long have you been on your diet and what weight did you start it on? Hang in there those 12 lbs. will come off. Do you have a specialized diet you're on or just watching reducing calories? How about exercise? Right now I am restricting my calories to 1,500 a day and riding the stationary recumbent bike for between 60 minutes up to 120 minutes a day. However, I do have one serious problem. After 7 pm the pantry starts calling my name, it's an every night fight.

• Scott58nos
    Scott58nos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you JBanx256,

My weight was steadly creeping up and I knew something had to be done about it. One day I looked in the mirror and did not like what I saw. I made a commitment that day that I was going to do something about it. That's when I decided to use MFP to help me reach my goal to get rid of fat. I knew if I continued gaining weight, my life span would probably decrease. So I am now committed to exercising and a healthy diet as a key part of my lifestyle for life.

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Nice work Scott!
    Must be something in the air as of today I am also down 17lbs. I am currently at 189 and goal is 150 so I have a long way to go.

We got this!

Edit: I just realized I cant add.... down 16lbs. ;)
  • CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done Scott, it’s a tough journey but hang in there. Stay consistent, build good habits and dig deep when it gets hard. Have a solid reason for wanting to achieve your goals and remind yourself often of those reasons. I’ve been maintaining for 2 years now and the road to get there was tough. And sometimes it is still tough. Couldn’t have done it without MFP. So feel free to add me as a friend 💪