Newbie. Lost 43 pounds. Trying for the last 15!!!

Options
Hello, my name is Vanessa. I lost 50 pounds on the optifast diet through Kaiser. It's a fasting diet, well, I went back to eating and gained six pounds!! Now I'm trying to count calories and exercise to lose the last 15. Help!! It's so hard to stay with in the calorie limit and it's so hard to motivate myself to work out. Any ideas for motivation???

Replies

• vanessa84
    Options
    Hello, my name is Vanessa. I lost 50 pounds on the optifast diet through Kaiser. It's a fasting diet, well, I went back to eating and gained six pounds!! Now I'm trying to count calories and exercise to lose the last 15. Help!! It's so hard to stay with in the calorie limit and it's so hard to motivate myself to work out. Any ideas for motivation???
  • pah795
    pah795 Posts: 3
    Options
    Keeping up with the food diary is a great tool. Once you start seeing what you are eating, you can see where you need to make adjustments. Stay Strong...Good Luck!
  • lovedbyGod2
    Options
    join a class at the gym. That's what I do. I love it. The teacher motivates you. The class is fun, it's not monotonous like the treadmill and you can do a variety of different things in an hour!
  • tigeress4
    tigeress4 Posts: 13
    Options
    wow! 43 pounds is awsome. But here is a good motivation tip. bring out an old pair of jeans that you used to fit in before you lost the weight and ask yourself "Do i really want to get back in to these?" That should motivate you. counting calories is actually alot easier to do than you think, look for foods with fiber,whole grain and yes all the healthy stuff. You can even experiment with the food section on this site to see how many calories are in your everyday food and go from there. As far as the excersising you have to find out what you like.. I love my elliptical and my taebo they really get me moving.... good luck.:wink:

152712.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dominiquej
    Options
    I attended a fitness seminar sponsored by Premier Fitness. The instructor said to basically be easy on yourself when beginning a fitness program. If you can not afford a gym membership to develop an at home program for yourself. If you can only do 2 days then commit to those 2 days and progress from there.

If you are using the Optifast program stick with it but if you are eating solids she said to stick with grains like oatmeal and natural carbs like fruits to balance out your blood sugar. That way you are not going up and down all day. A sample daily meal plan included 6 samll meals: 1)1 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites and toast. 2) 1 protien shake or fruit. 3) large grilled chicken salad w/whole grain bread. 4) fruit salad 5) 1 cup brown rice broccoli and 5oz lean meat 6) 12 almonds. Basically you are grazing throughout the day to keep your metabolism going.