How can you speed up your metabolism without taking a drug like Contrave (my Dr. recommended that )

Options
I am trying to lose weight (I am 62) and I was wondering if there is a way to speed up your metabolism without drugs???

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,454 Member
    Options
    Increased exercise? (Especially strength exercise, but that's a long-term play.) Focusing on increasing daily life activity? Eating more protein and whole foods (which take more energy, by a little, to digest/metabolize?

I'm female and 66. The things I mentioned are things I do. I have a relatively high calorie need for our demographic - lose or maintain at significantly higher calories than MFP estimates - but I don't know for sure that those things are why.

To explain what I mean by increasing daily life activity, this is a good thread where MFP people share their methods for doing that:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Probably not all the ideas would work for everyone, but some might be a help for you.

Best wishes!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,456 Member
    Options
    Yes, more exercising. More movement in general. Go to work or groceries by bike/foot, don't take the lift, don't sit on the sofa watching tv. Just incorporate more movement into your daily life.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight (I am 62) and I was wondering if there is a way to speed up your metabolism without drugs???

You could try to eat less.