Trying to do Insanity...help!

Options
Insanity is SO hard to keep up with! Anyone else having trouble staying motivated to do it regularly? I LOVE the results I get from it but I am so sore after I do them. What helps you get motivated to keep going??

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    the results were motivation enough. And ive done more than a few rounds and still dont always keep up. As far as being sore, it goes away if you keep at it, but gets worse if you stop and start. It just means you are working hard.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How far into the program are you? I found it true what he says in the program. Go at your own pace and do not sacrifice form. My wife has a bad back and she was sacrificing form and it made the workouts unbearable for her.

My motivation ended up being getting to their pace. It was the driving factor for me to not be slower than them.
  • jjbnfo
    Options
    Maybe space out the workouts?

I don't do insanity, but I have workouts with a personal trainer twice a week. Started out at 3, but being sore every single day was just wearing on me. Switched to 2 a week, and now I have 2 days a week where I'm not sore, which is enough to get by on, and on the days I'm not sore, I'm looking forward to a good workout the next day.

Maybe it's because I felt like I was just getting beat on by the workouts without any letup?
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It is a very hard program, but eventually the soreness goes away. I think it was after the first two weeks that my body finally got adjusted to it. Just go at your own pace, practice good form and take breaks when you have too. Eventually you will get used to doing the moves! You don't have to keep up with the people in the video. I wanted to quit, but I am glad that I didn't because I had great results with the program!! Hang in there!! :bigsmile:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Insanity is super hard. I just do the best I can, and what motivates me is that I keep looking to the finish line, and getting my t-shirt. I will be done next week.
  • stoofers
    Options
    I don't do Insanity but what keeps me motivated to work out every day and watch what I eat is my boyfriend. He comes home from work everyday and tells me that I've already won because I've changed my mindset. So even when I don't lose weight I still feel like I'm working towards a much bigger goal and that I've already succeeded because I have been able to change my lifestyle.
  • Luvyellow
    Luvyellow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think my problem is that I feel like I have to be going at the same pace as everyone on the dvd. (If you can't tell, I'm a little competitive!) I will work on going at my own pace and setting my own personal goals...not focusing on what I'm not doing good enough. Thanks for the advice!! :)
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was sore until i started taking a protein shake after my workouts. I completed Insanity yesterday.
  • davekaplan
    Options
    I'm just starting on Insanity. Did day 16 today. I know I'm not keeping up, so I focus more on form, my heart rate and how many calories I've burned when I'm done. Some of the people in the dvd drop out for breath or water too. I love when I'm struggling and I look up and some of the folks in the video are too.

I noticed that when I started my back was really sore. I think it was because I wasn't focusing on using my core enough. "Core tight" I wondered if I was doing that right. I found some info on activating the Transverse Abdominus and that seems to help.

insanity is ba-nan-as!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start Asylum. Insanity was hard enough so I don't even know how it can get worse.
  • Luvyellow
    Luvyellow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to do asylum!!! You'll have to let me know how it goes!!!
  • NJmom2002
    NJmom2002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and it was too hard for me. I have asthma and everytime I did it I felt like I was going to pass out. Not to mention very soon after I started the program I found out I was pregnant. My son is now a year old and I have been slowly getting myself back in shape but I opted in joining the local YMCA to work out. On days I dont go to the gym I either do Just Dance2 or an Insanity dvd. It isnt as hard to do them now as it was last year when I first tried it.

Just take it slow and do it at your own pace.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play, do what you can do! You will get stronger and it will get easier. I just finished my 9 weeks and started a running/p90x hybrid. It's only been 1 week sense I finished Insanity and I already miss Shaun T's crazy ways! I am going to run tomorrow and then do an Insanity workout I miss it that much! LOL! Don't give up! You will get stronger and you WILL end up loving it! :happy:
  • Chelsygold2
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35 wks preganant and still going strong!
    If I can do it so can u!!! Pls don't give up, it's not worth it..
    I feel so much better after I do a workout and that's what
    keeps me motivated. Good luck to all of u, going now to do
    one of those crazy workouts!!!