Planet Fitness

Options
Hi! Does anyone know how to add the "30 minute express" they have at PF? It's 30 minutes of both cardio and strength training machines. I can't figure out how to log that?
any ideas?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    If it's pretty fast paced, both the cardio and the weight machine part (i.e., high-ish rep, low-ish weight, on the weight machines, rather than slow reps) then maybe "Circuit training, general" would work. Otherwise, if it's slow/heavy on the weight machines, maybe use "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)", though that could understate it by a bit. Probably not hugely understated, though.

That's what I'd do. Heart rate monitors are bad at estimating that kind of thing, so the above may be a better approximation. For exercise, picking an estimating method, sticking with that estimating method consistently for 4-6 weeks, will probably give you the best feedback about whether your estimates (for exercise and everything) are pretty close. See how that first 4-6 weeks play out, then adjust calorie intake if you need to. That'll work fine for most people.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can also create your own workout called that.
    If the amount of time spent on the machines vs the cardio is consistent, and you plan on keeping this up long enough to do a little leg work, you can estimate it.

Use Ann's point about those 2 lifting options, pick the one that is correct and see how many calories for the time you normally spend on the machines - I'm betting it's Circuit training.

Then for the time doing cardio - what it is?
    Calisthenics using body weight motions? It's in the database.
    Running in place? It's in the database.
    See how many calories for that chunk of time.

Now create your own workout for 30 min and that total of calories. Done.
    Use once and it's in your short list.

Haven't tested lately, but it used to also adjust as weight changed correctly, but I think I recall noticing that stopped.
    Weight would have to change by probably 10-15 lbs to matter much, so probably don't worry about re-calcing - may have moved on by that point anyway.