Starting Diet Tomorrow

Options
Well I need all the encouragement. I want to change my lifestyle of excrise and diet. Heart disease runs in my family. I want to break the cycle, with living life in a healthier way.

Replies

• Airport5x
    Airport5x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're on your way Kathy, best of luck!

Take good care
  • Kickinthehabit
    Options
    Good luck! I just sarted last Monday and had a great week! I wish you well, friend me!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You need to get rid of the word diet. You want to change your lifestyle, a diet is something that sometimes works, but usually fails. Diets are fads..........

Change your lifestyle to a healthier you. If you look at it the right way, you will have more success.

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're in the right place to become a new, healthier you. For the short time I have been a MFP member, I have learned SO much. The people here are very encouraging, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and humorous! Make sure to take advantage of the calorie and exercise tracker. It will help and encourage you to stay on the right track. Good Luck!
  • Jex_7
    Jex_7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well said!
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The first step is signing up and being on here. You can change your lifestyle and this is the right place to do it! Congrats! I wish you the best! Keep us posted
  • nshepherdv
    Options
    You are on the right track! This a great place to start.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You need to get rid of the word diet. You want to change your lifestyle, a diet is something that sometimes works, but usually fails. Diets are fads..........

not quite, the mindset of "starting a diet" is what needs to be gotten rid of.

what you need to do is "change diet"

your diet is your food and drink intake, whether it is 100 calories of lettuce a day of 10,000 calories of fried chicken.

the mindset of having to "go on a diet" to lose weight is what is incorect.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    heart disease runs in my family too. at a very young age. so far it's only been in the men but i'm not willing to take chances. i have no more uncles, they've all passed away from heart related issues. i had an uncle who had his first heart attack at 35 and had so many bi-pass surgeries that eventually they couldn't give him anymore. but he refused to take care of himself and he died in his forties. my dad had triple bi-pass surgery at 43. so i totally understand where you're coming from. it's an intimidating thing getting older in a family that has proven not to have the world's soundest hearts.
  • puddin1965
    Options
    LOOKING FOR FRIENDS TO HELP IN THIS MADDENING STAGE OF WEIGHT LOSS! LOL THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO ACCEPT MY REQUEST..ITS GOING TO BE A LONG ROAD BUT I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! You will do great!
  • Airport5x
    Airport5x Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Change your lifestyle to a healthier you. If you look at it the right way, you will have more success.

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:

Absolutely the truth!