No mans land, aka ladies fitting room

Options
My current clothes are fitting kinda wonky - mostly from being stretched to their limits :embarassed: so I thought I would look for a coupe of pieces to extend my wardrobe. Well it turns out that size 16-18 in regular clothes in cut to small and size 16-18 in womens is cut too generously. UGH! So after a very frustrating shopping trip I realized that I can't stay this size - I have to get bigger or smaller if I want to buy some clothes that will fit. I choose smaller. This is just the push that I needed - the little fire is burning again, I had lost my fire since I don't feel horrible EVERY SINGLE DAY, causing me to lose focus instead of losing weight.

I want to lose weight and wear clothes that are not from the womens side of the store. I also noticed that size Med had the most pieces on the clearance rack!

I want to be a Medium - that is my new goal, and then I am going to score some awesome deals :wink:

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!!
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my clothes. The pants I have are too big. The next size down is too small. Guess I better push hard and enjoy my elastic waist band skirts and my belt for the remainder of summer. Won't work so well for the cool weather. Goal is to get to the next smaller size by the end of September. :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am on my way to "medium" after leaving XLarge and XXlarge I am finding there arent that many clothes in size Large on the clearance rack, or bras available in 38C (regular or clearance) I need to be a different size just to support my shopping addiction
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    lol. . I am right there with you. . . It will happen we are going to go for the smaller size. . . Good luck in your journey!
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hear, hear. I spend way too long in the store today and NOTHING fit right. the 11s are baggy. the 10s too tight. and "skinny" jeans (grabbed by accident) are an invention of the devil.

GRRR.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hear, hear. I spend way too long in the store today and NOTHING fit right. the 11s are baggy. the 10s too tight. and "skinny" jeans (grabbed by accident) are an invention of the devil.

GRRR.

Haha, I second that on the skinny jeans!

I've been between a 14 and a 16 for a while now... so of course I wear 16s and they are baggy :-/. But, I tried on some jeans today that are 14s and used to be all muffin-toppy and they fit great :-).
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    May sound dumb but can i suggest the pregnancy belt things.. They go over the button and zipper of your jeans and pants to make the size last longer... All it looks like is a tank top :) I personally love layers..lo I don't see why this wouldn't work in reverse... Good luck and happy shopping :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My suggestion.. a tailor for your current clothes. wash them, dry them so they fit semi how they are supposed to, and then haul them to a tailor. Most will alter a waist for about 15-16 dollars.. which is a lot cheaper than buying new things.
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is THE MOST frustrating size - I swear there's at least a two size difference between a plus size 16 and a regular size 16. I just recently bought my first pair of normal shop size 16 jeans since I was 15. Such an amazing feeling, keep the flame burning and you'll be in skinny jeans in no time!
  • Quarantined
    Options
    I am in the exact same 'clothing Bermuda Triangle' as you! I do a lot of my clothes shopping online, and have found that every single one of these brands have a gap of roughly 2-4 inches between the Large and the Extra Large. And as it turns out, I fit smack bang in the middle of this gap. D: All the other sizes from XS-L and XL-XXL have overlapping measurements.
    I've spent a fortune on having my clothes taken in and up (I'm also super short!).

Here's to us losing the inches and gaining a great wardrobe!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - at least I am not alone :):flowerforyou:
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    LOL - I was so excited to get down to a size 12/14 only to realize that there are no good clearance deals in those sizes! I see lots of them in smaller or larger. Argh! Oh well.

I am wearing skirts. Lots of skirts. They can be taken in quite a bit before they look too bad.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    LOL - I was so excited to get down to a size 12/14 only to realize that there are no good clearance deals in those sizes! I see lots of them in smaller or larger. Argh! Oh well.

I am wearing skirts. Lots of skirts. They can be taken in quite a bit before they look too bad.

So true and high waisted skits or skirts with belts are so popular right now you can buy a skirt thats a little snug but fits higher up on the waist then sits lower the more you lose, or if it gets a tadd loose add a cute belt!
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Yay to recommitting to healthier! Yay to all of us!!
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    P.S. I can tell you there is the same gap in clothes sized 20-22 and 22-24. It's like there is one perfect dimension for each size, and if you aren't it, you are not going to be satisfied with the fit. Irritating, but I'm working on getting to a more 'standard' size. Good luck to us all!!
  • moyemr
    Options
    Because of needing length in my jeans, I buy men's pants. I also like that I don't have to hunt to find them so the waist actually fits at my waist. And for some reason, even though women are the one's who are built to need extra room in the butt and thighs, men's pants seem to wear more comfortably in the looser styles than women's. You also don't have to guess so much in trying to find the right size with different styles. While I have found small differences between styles/brands, generally a size 30 is a size 30 waist.