Variety of Shakes!

Options
I'm starting to get back into the swing of things and I've been wanting to do shakes for a quick breakfast or a snack during the day at work. Something that is easy would be fabulous. I'm not against going to the store and buying a few things to make some of the ideas you all give me, but I'd prefer some things that are more handy/found in most kitchens.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    All you need is a good jug of whey protein, your favorite mixer and a blender bottle... I drink one on the way to work every day.

If you're not lazy like me, add some fruit or peanut butter and use a magic bullet/blender...
  • Butterfly3081
    Butterfly3081 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so I just go buy the special k protein shakes and protein meal bars...
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    Half a banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter, cup of milk, ice. And chocolate protein powder if you care for it. You could also add just a bit of chocolate syrup to give it some of the flavor. Ends up around 250 calories without the chocolate/protein powder. With the powder it would be 400 calories (and very good for you). With 1 tbs of chocolate syrup it'd be about 300 calories.

Another one I really liked to make was just a cup of frozen berries, half a cup of vanilla yogurt, and a cup of v8 fusion pomegranate bluberry. Sometimes with vanilla protein powder, but usually without because I don't care for the taste. You could also add half a banana to this one. I can't remember the calories for it, though I think it was about 150-200 without powder and 300-350 with it.

I also know some people that add spinach to their fruit shakes and they say they can't taste the spinach at all. I haven't tried it myself.
  • Airport5x
    Airport5x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey Taylor, I highly recommend Dymatize Elite Whey Protein powder in the Rich Chocolate flavor. I drop a scoop in a shaker bottle with 8oz of Silk lite vanilla soy and it's delicious. I use it after workouts and sometimes as a meal replacement. The combination is under 200 calories. Try it, it's the best tasting protein-shake I've had. If you have the time, try a scoop of the powder in cup with about 2-3 ounces of crushed ice and 6 ounces of soy milk and blend well with a hand blender. It seriously taste like a Wendy's chocolate frosty under 200 calories, very very yummy and guilt free!

Take good care.
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    I'm bumping for new recipes!