This journey feels endless

Options
I originally started to lose weight in 2018, but it all went downhill very quickly in 2020, and I haven't really recovered since then. I've had my moments here and there (like now) where I think this time will be different, but what if it's not? What if every attempt is fruitless?

Here's my Libra data. You can see the point at which I just completely stopped caring.
The only thing that makes me feel somewhat better is that at least I never got back up to my highest weight.

eeply.png

I'm not giving up today, but I do so much fear I'll give up again in the future. I also do feel ashamed and embarrassed to weigh as much as I do; I fear somehow one of my friends will come across this post and be shocked by the numbers.

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    What kind of support system do you have to help you? If you need a friend for accountability, you're more than welcome to send me a request!
  • Virginia32174
    Virginia32174 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with diabetes in October, I got serious and lost fifty lbs. I have slowly put back twelve lbs. and am embarrassed and ashamed as well. I understand how you feel. I'm discouraged and tired of watching what I eat and constantly thinking about food. I now have 75 lbs. to go and it seems endless.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    One thing that I have come to realize on my own journey is that it has many ups and downs, and even cycles. That is part of the life experience. One of my goals these days is just to be able to move through those highs and lows with grace
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. But you are here and you know what to do. 2020 hit a lot of us really hard. I had lost 45 lbs at that point and did very well at the start of the pandemic. I thought everything was ok. Then here I am in 2022 working to lose 40 of those same pounds again.

For me, my only goal is to track my food. Even if over calories. The weight loss will come. I’m just trying to stay focused on rebuilding good habits.