Wii Fitness Games - Rated

Options
The following are just my opinions and are here to help Wii owners who want to get Fit! =)

******************************************************************************************************************

YOUR SHAPE - Rated 9 / 10 :love: :smooched:

I brought a new game last night for the Wii called "Your Shape"!!! Its a really great game!!! It comes with a little usb camera which you simply plug into the back of your Wii and then you go "Controller Free", it scans your body and works with you on your body... =)

Check it out at: http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii-148662-Your-Shape-Nintendo-Wii

I played it last night for about 40 mins and man was i sweating... its really good, it shows you how to do the moves properly and corrects you if your wrong. You dont have to worry about throwing a controller through your TV cause its all controller free... And you can incorporate your own equipment if you want to (Yoga Ball, Aerobic Step, free weights).

The only improvement I could ask for is better graphics... I play on a 55" TV and it was kinda Pixelated... :ohwell:

******************************************************************************************************************

WII FIT & WII FIT PLUS (with balance board) - Rated 9 / 10 :happy:

The Original and still pretty damn awesome! So many fun things to do!!!

BIGGEST LOSER - Rated 8 / 10 :smile:

It had me sweating and was pretty fun but it didnt show you how to do the exercises very well...

MY FITNESS COACH - DANCE - Rated 4 / 10 :grumble:

Im a ZUMBA Addict so when i saw this i got really excited.... brought it... played it.... took it back and exchanged it.... ugh! It has alot of "Zumba" songs; Reggaeton, Merengue, Cumbia etc... But none are really like zumba, and you cant put them together and do a song...

As this uses the Wii controllers its really hard to get it right.... and even if you get it right with your hands and wrong with your feet your "right" but if you get it right with your feet and wrong with your hands its "wrong"... It was VERY hard for me to get my hands right... which meant even though my feet were right I got no credit for it.

I also recognise that I am most probably very biased and was expecting to have almost as much fun on this as on Zumba... If you dont do Zumba then you may like it alot more than me! =)

Some games I still want to try are; EA Sports Active & EA Sports Active:More Workouts....

Please add your reviews of Wii Games Below if you have tried others... or please feel free to review the same game/s as what I have. :love:

Replies

• loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Love my wii fit plus - I agree 9/10
    The biggest loser makes me sweat & I need to do it more it was to much like hard work but now i need to push myself and use it.
    I brought just dance 2 this week & after all the reviews I was very disapointed after 7 songs I wasn't at all tired & did feel like i had a work out even though i had been energtic with my hands and feet!!
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Definitely time to get a wii fit - I'm lighter than the board's max now - yay - so it goes on my Santa list :))
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    My personal review :

- WII FIT PLUS (8/10) :smile: It is indeed a must (for workout on the wii)! it tracks your daily exercise and progress and its very motivational. There are a lot of fun mini-games and I like jogging, stepping and cycling to do some good cardio workout. However, I didnt like the strength training because its annoying to "shift" between the exercises and the "My programm" option doesnt allow me to do more reps of the same exercise (unless you stack them up, but then you add unwanted loading time...). So I would recommand WII FIT PLUS for beginners, but not for intermediate or advanced people. :ohwell:

- MY FITNESS COACH (6/10) :ohwell: I like the fact that the game adjust your routine so its just hard enough for you. But I hate the waiting time between each exercises which is way too looooooooooong in my opinion. Very annoying! :grumble: I enjoyed the cardio part tho. Interesting moves and it really makes your heart pump. Also, you can use your own equipment (HRM, step, dumbells, ball).

- JUST DANCE 1 and 2 (10/10) :love: I love dancing (even tho Im not really good at it!:laugh:). I love the songs (not every songs, but enough to play for an hour!). It is really a good cardio workout if you move your arms AND legs, especially if you choose the more difficult songs (they are rated 1 to 3). Lots of fun and sweat! :flowerforyou:

- WALK IT OUT (7/10) :wink: This game is about walking (or bouncing, stepping, dancing, jogging...) on the rythmn of the music. Thats all. Graphics are cute but its a bit annoying at first because you have to "unlock" the graphics (ex: a tree) by clicking on it, so its more about "clicking" than enjoying your walk... :yawn: And the more you play, thw more you "unlock" songs. Personally, I dont enjoy most of the songs... but the good news is : there are over 100 songs and you can build your own playlist by choosing the songs you like best (or those with a higher rythmn, so you can get a decent cardio workout). Surprisingly, this simple game is quite addictive. :happy: But you have to work very hard to get your heart pump enough and - again - the songs are not very good...:ohwell:
  • nemos
    nemos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    - WII FIT PLUS
    A rather light exercise. I use it daily for the body test since it does help in motivating you to see the progress you made. Some of the exercises can get moderately challenging, but overall the intensity level isn't very high. This title does maintain a bit of fun, making it more engaging. I found the break between exercises to be too distracting to use as a primary workout platform.

- EA: SPORTS ACTIVE
    An intense exercise, but it has been completely replaced by More Workouts. The workout data from this game (if you already have it) can be exported to More Workouts, but you lose your progress in the 30 day challenge.

- EA: SPORTS ACTIVE: MORE WORKOUTS
    An intense experience. I have yet to actually complete the 6 week challenge in 6 weeks, but between the scheduled sessions and the custom workouts I have never finished up a session without sweat pouring down. The included resistance band is a very weak, so I replaced mine with something a bit more substantial. Over the course of a few months I've gradually moved from a 6 pound resistance to 30 pounds. My biggest criticism of the game is that if you use a third-party resistance band, then the controls can be a bit finicky. One of the nicer aspects is that the exercises are grouped into one big workout, thus allowing you to go from activity to activity with very little break inbetween. The trainers can occassionally be infuriating, but at least you can dial down the frequency of the comments.

The big drawback of the Sports Active series is that it isn't much of a game. This is a proper workout, with much less of a 'fun' factor as you find in Wii Fit. The next version of the game, Sports Active 2.0 is due to be released in November, so I'd suggest waiting for that. If you have a PS3 or XBox Kinect, I'd also advise you get it for one of those platforms. It seems EA has decided to skimp on the Wii this time round by including more features in the other two platforms, like the ability to use your own exercise equipment.

- GOLD'S GYM
    Nice cardio workout, but I found the game to be a bit particular in some sections. The scaled progression of having to 'unlock' the next set of moves before you move on is similar to wii fit and just as infuriating if you want to get into the action right away.

Regarding stretching games:

- DAISY FUENTES PILATES
    I found it to be about a much help as watching a Pilates video due to the lack of any meaningful feedback - you'd be better off attending a class instead.

- YOGA FOR WII
    Very pretty interface and it gives you a lot of interesting history on chakras and different yoga positions, but functionally it is not worth getting over Wii Fit.

Currently I'm using Sports Active: More Workouts for toning and cardio due to its intensity. I'm in the middle of a 6 week challenge in the game, so I expect I'll upgrade to the sequel as soon as I'm done with that. For general stretching and flexibility exercises the Wii Fit's Yoga section is quite nice.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Everyone has pretty much commented on the games I have but I'll give my 2 cents. Just some background...I used to exercise quite abit, and then stopped for a few years. Last January I started back with regular exercise using the Wii, and I found that using it to track my progress, weigh myself, keep calendars...I respond well to all those incentive-type things. Give me something I can unlock and I'm game!
    Wii Fit and plus- Good beginner workout. If you are a dedicated yogi, you won't like the yoga poses. Otherwise, enjoyable, useful for tracking/monitoring.
    My Fitness Coach-the first one. NOT the second one. I don't have the second one but I have not heard good things about it, you're better off with the first. It's more like a glorified exercise DVD but it does track progress and you can increase/decrease the intensity depending on how you're feeling that day. I would consider this one to have some of the best cardio of the Wii fitness games.
    EA Active and More workouts-I love this one, but again as I exercised I outgrew it. You will have to replace the resistance band, it's weak and I snapped it in half. I used some bands I found at ****s, and attached them to the handles of the band that came with the game, so it's easier to use the remotes. I completed the six week challenge, and I did lose weight.
    Golds Gym Cardio workout-it's a boxing game. There are some mini games and some strength using the balance board, but in my opinion you're better off sticking with Wii fit if that's what you're looking for. The boxing is fun but testy-I have yet to get it to register my ducks and weaves.
    Biggest Loser-oh lord, I hated this one and ended up returning it. It didn't register the intensity of my moves correctly and when I got to a challenge it didn't register me at all and my character plummeted into a pool to drown! VERY frustrating. Plus the music is not programable, I don't watch the show but I'm assuming it's from the show and it's not good.

I do'nt have them, but I read the reviews on amazon, and so far it seems that the Daisy Fuentes pilates game, My Fitness Coach 2, Jillian Michaels (the first one, I think the second one is better), the 10 minute solution knockout body, and Wii yoga...they're all let downs.
    That being said, there are some interesting ones coming down the pipe-the new EA Active 2, comes for three consoles and also an NFL training camp version. There is also a Gold's Dance workout, a new Biggest Loser Challenge, and a Zumba workout. I look forwards to reading the reviews.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I only have Wii Fit (not the plus) and Gold's Gym Cardio.
    Both I give a 9/10. The wii fit rhythm boxing, I can't get my dodging down, but on Gold's gym I have it down pat. I work up such a sweat on this it's unbelievable though my foot work needs a lot of work.
  • reddytee
    Options
    I am disappointed. went to use my WII fit board and it tells me to step off the board and Im not on it, it keeps repeating this message....any ideas on why it does this? want to get back to using it with the family....
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking out the batteries of the board, switching the entire Wii system off and restarting.

If that doesnt work Google the problem, and if that doesnt help then goto Nintendo's website or call them....
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have the Gold's Gym Cardio.. I noticed the ducking and weaving not registering too. But.. I figured it out. It took me a while. I thought maybe I wasn't moving fat enough or far enough.. but then it hit me.. it's not me it's controller. So now when I duck and weave I swing my arms just bit harder. It works damn near ever time plus I'm moving my arms more, so it's a win-win.. try that guys.. see if it works for you. also you can get the attachments for the controllers to make them more sensitive.
  • nemos
    nemos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Reddytee

The please step off is a well-known problem with the balance boards. It generally happens after you use the plugged-in battery packs for a while. Seems like an electric surge messes with the auto-zeroing of the board, making it miscalibrate itself. Nintendo's response is that the board is broken and you should send it back to them for repairs. If you go that route , you'd best be under warranty or be prepared to pay quite a lot.

I had this happen to my balance board a few months back. I tried all of the solutions found online including, but not limited to, resetting the board in wii fit diagnostics, resyncing all remotes, changing batteries, adding new batteries, even opening the board up, removing the feet and trying to realign the sensors. Nothing I did could make an immediate change to force the board work as it was supposed to.

I found that it has a kind of tolerance level for determening whether something is on it or not and with this problem it just exceeds the tolerance level. Keeping that in mind, if it tells you to step off, just lift it ever so slightly on one corner (a mm or two is usually sufficient), just so that the weight is decreased enough to bring it under the threshold. After that you can use the board as is since the only side-effect is that the weight calc will be off by a few fractions of a pound (about 200 grams in my case). It does not actually impact the balance sensing at all.

After using the board in this fashion and removing the batteries after each use for the last 2 months, the board seems to have had a change of heart and it is working like new again. I still use the USB-powered battery pack, but I remove it after each use to minimise the chance of another surge. Will see how long it lasts.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Fitness first - New U

7 / 10

Their workouts were really good but aren't very long... this game will keep you interested and sweaty but do multiple workouts to get enough of a burn tho.... =)
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I got Michael Jackson's The Experience - I love it! Really makes me sweat and it's fun. You can definitely get a good work-out from it. I think it's pretty easy to follow along and since I'm doing it more for the workout than the game, I don't really worry if my move aren't perfect.
  • larke15
    Options
    I got the ducks and weaves to work pretty well on the boxing when I actually move the remote when I move (tilt the remote to the left or right) instead of just moving your body...my ducks work better then and I usually get them.

I don't use the hula hoop often but I always have trouble getting my character to move over to catch a hoop!