Self neglect group

Options
Let's hook up and chat about the difficulties and successes we have as we get older and work on getting back into shape. Life happens.....children, careers, schooling, illnesses, etc... that prevented us from attending to ourselves like we should have. Now is the time to make up for all the self neglect. We can check in and encourage each other on our journey to wellness. I know I certainly can use the support after attending graduate school and starting my own business and subsequently suffering a serious injury that changed how I can exercise and get back into shape. I have had to modify a lot in my life. It is not a diet I am on, its a new way of life and living for me. Join me on this journey to wellness.

Replies

• TriciaBeingAccountable
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I've really neglected myself in the last 3 years since my separation and divorce. It was bad. We're still having issues. I'm tired of putting everything before me, I want to be first for once.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The way I need this to be a group. My husband constantly gets on my case for neglecting anything going on with me. When he is sore or injured I'm on it, chiropractor appts, medicine, the whole nine yards same with my kids. Meanwhile I put myself on the back burner because to me I'm not that important. But as my husband would say "You're important to us!". I have been making a conscious effort to make time for me. Obviously my health (hence getting back on MFP) and making appts I know I have needed to make but also little to things like waking up early to enjoy quiet time with coffee and taking time to pamper myself. I've always just put everyone else before me and I'm still trying to reteach myself that I need to put on my oxygen mask so I can put on my family's (if you get the reference lol) otherwise I'm no help to them or setting the example I want to be for my kids. Anyways I rambled but yeah I'd love to be apart of this group as a reminder that's it's okay to put myself first. I'm not just wife or mom I'm me and I need to be kind to me.