Little HUGE Fitness Accomplishments

I’m gonna crow about something. This is such a small thing, almost seems not worth mentioning but to me, it’s HUGE. I’m so PROUD.

I’ve been doing Pilates every week of my journey. I’ve lost 60 lbs., and today for the first time ever I was able to do a quad stretch while grabbing onto my ankles, not the hem of my sweat pants. I’ve had two knee replacements during covid quarantine, lots of Pilates and Physical Therapy. I’ve accomplished a lot, but somehow this thing of being able to stretch the muscles on the upper front leg, by bending the leg behind me, while holding that ankle up by my butt, is a major milestone. I could never do it before. It was always super painful or I fell out of the position. Please share your “Little HUGE Success” below. : )

Replies

• antigymrat
    antigymrat Posts: 8 Member
    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Yay!!!!! Congrats on that. My tiny huge victory was suddenly being able to cross my legs. 😄
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    That is nothing little... Thats Huge. Way to Go!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    AWESOME!!!!
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Amazing! What an accomplishment! I am glad that you celebrate these things. What a good feeling!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    I feel ya, babe. Weight coming off was grand, but being able to move my body new ways was….cue the heavenly choir.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Fab! And well done also @EliseTK1!
    My little HUGE accomplishment is starting Couch25K and swimming again. Right at the start of this journey (again!) but damn it feels good to use my body again!