Weight loss plateau - net calories

Options
Hi all! I have been on a plateau for a month. I have been paying closer attention to my nutrition and I see I am always short on calories because after I log my exercises, it gives me more calories I can still consume. Can someone explain this? I do not want to overeat.

Replies

• andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    These calorie counters are built on an estimate based on a lot of data tracking many people. They are a very well informed guess. Your personal metabolism may run a tiny bit different from the calorie planner. You may have to bump your calories a tiny bit ~100 for a couple of weeks to see if you can get the results you want.
    Don't forget to take a close look at other factors that influence weight: sleep, hydration, stress, etc.
  • creativecook18
    creativecook18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That’s what I had to do-100 less calories and I don’t count exercise in calorie count and now I’m losing again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,028 Member
    Options
    Just as a counterpoint to @creativecook18

I actually eat a full 500 calories more than the calculators suggest. PLUS every single delicious Exercise calorie. I always have, the calculators are way too low for me.

I do agree that the calculators are designed with a wide range of people in mind and that numbers have to be worked out individually over a period of a couple months but jumping around too much can obfuscate the actual number. Be careful with that constant cutting lower and lower. You can over-do a good thing. :)
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Differential metabolism (mine vs yours) means little. "I eat next to nothing and still gain weight." Sorry, you gain weight because you intake more calories than you use and eliminate. And, the use that matters most is keeping the 150 lb bag of poorly insulated mostly water at exactly 98.6 F 24/7.

If you like the outdoors without a coat and its 55F where you live, it takes a lot more calories to keep the bag of water hot than if you are baking in the Sun on some Florida beach.