Work hours

Options
bashfulv8
bashfulv8 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2022 in Success Stories
My work ethic is all over the place. I work for the NHS so my shifts vary. 8-4, 14:00-22:00, 22:00-0600. So I have a problem recording what I eat as sometimes my work day is overnight and because I am constantly on the go haven't got enough time to get the calories in for that day x please help

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Logging your food and exercise sleep to sleep instead of by calendar days might help?

As would maybe taking a weekly view of your calorie balance rather than daily (you can do that on your phone).
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I can sympathize. I work from 10 PM to 7 AM. The MFP food diary changes to a new day at midnight.

Generally, I log from midnight to midnight, although my "day" in reality doesn't flow like that.
    You can also record everything under the right meals and not close the food diary. The diary will allow you to go back and add entries to a previous day.

Finally, the logging seems like it takes a lot of time, but it gets easier and really only takes a couple of minutes. I tend to eat the same foods most of the time, so that helps. If I don't have time to go online, I record what I eat on paper and enter it later.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!