Major Anxiety

Options
I have been having anxiety this week like crazy!! I am not sure why, it is an all over feeling that you just want to push it out of your body!! I have to really force myself to get up and do things. I feel tired and like a weight is on my chest. Any ideas?
I would love to be able to go walk it off or run it off, but because I am disabled I am not able to walk very much. I am screaming inside.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry - there are strangers out here sending positive thoughts and well-wishes. I know that's not much, but in the circumstances, I fear that's all I've got. Are there any little indulgences, pleasant or fun things, that you can give yourself: Watching a favorite movie, listening to good music, warm bath or shower with nice-smelling soaps or lotions, meditation, crafts, calling a friend you haven't talked to recently, sunshine or fresh air if weather permits, or something like that? Hang in there!
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I found that the app the Insight Timer was helpful. There are lots of different choices there and most of them are free.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    If the anxiety doesn't go away on its own, I would see a doctor. The anxiety might be temporary and tied to events in your life, or it might stem from a physical problem. Either way, please ask for help and hopefully things will get better.
  • keemy911
    keemy911 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Meditation and prayer usually helps me
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I find that really deep breathing helps. Stopping yourself in the moment and just focusing on deep breathing - it’s amazing how often I find that I’m actually holding my breath or taking very rapid breaths and then this mindfulness and breathing helps a lot.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I began struggling with a panic disorder when my first child passed away. It was crippling for me for about 12 years, and just got worse -- I would start passing out, have aphasia, lose control of my body, lose my vision. It was debilitating. I found that for me, only one thing worked. When I stopped running from it, and supported myself in sitting WITH it, compassionately, and allowing it to run through me without dear of it, I finally had a breakthrough and could heal. It was scary for a long time and it can still be scary today when it occasionally happens. Even 24 years after these attacks started, they can still come. They can still be massive. But now I have many tools, and I know that I can overcome the anxiety. Life is hard and it's scary sometimes. But when you feel like running away from what you feel, let yourself know it's ok to BE WITH your fear, to hold it and treat it like a friend. It's only there to teach us, to show us, to help us if we let it.
  • Latestarter2018
    Latestarter2018 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi - I use the APP “Calm” it is an amazing APP I’ve used it for years. Tamara Levett does the best meditations in this APP (in my opinion). There is one called Panic SOS it’s just 10 mins and I use it daily just to level myself out and feel better. Also, taking a hot drink outside to the garden, turning my phone onto “do not disturb” for 15 mins and sitting - having a bit of “me” time. It’s reasonably warm here at the moment, it’s autumn - so I put my bare feet on the grass. It’s quite grounding.
    I have taken Aropax for 20 years - I’m just down to 5mg now - I’ve been reducing very very slowly over a 12 month period. It’s going well.
    Also - I have found that I have had to really watch my coffee intake. I used to be a huge coffee drinker - about 8 cups (mainly instant) per day. I’ve dropped down to x2 cups before 12.00 noon. That is helping me.
    Hope some of these suggestions might be useful for you. I know how you feel. I never feel like meditating - I have to force myself, but it always helps me. The APP “Calm” is very worthwhile in my opinion.
  • bellav73
    bellav73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should look up yoga by Arianna on YouTube, she really is amazing and she has all types of videos for people who can't get on the floor to:)
  • DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    keemy911 wrote: »
    Meditation and prayer usually helps me

Same.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how terrifying it can be. I used to have terrible panic attacks, that were just indescribable. Prayer was the only thing that got rid of them. I haven't had one for about 9 months now and hope I never do again.

Sending you hugs 🤗