Calories with no food bug?

Options
shalanne
shalanne Posts: 13 Member
My diary today is showing 550 calories consumed, but there is no food logged that I can see. Nutrients are all blank as well. Any ideas what's going on?

Replies

• avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you think you logged anything today?
  • shalanne
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I did log food, but noticed that there was 550 calories more than what I logged. So I deleted all foods and it still shows 550 calories with no food listed.
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Also, did you recently change your meal names or remove a meal name in your diary settings? Any previously logged food in that removed meal name category becomes automatically hidden. At the same time, it still counts towards your daily limit.
    I ask to cover all bases. If you didn't do any of those mentioned above, it could be a bug and should probably be mentioned in the Tech Support forum.
    EDIT:
    Also, MFP has a weird habit of sometimes not syncing the meal changes appropriately. I have to sync it a few times for it to update correctly. It's especially true if I was doing it through the app.
  • shalanne
    Options
    I was trying to add a meal when it happened. I just edited my diary, selected all, and hit delete. That seemed to work. Clear slate now :) Really weird.

Thanks for helping!
  • _admorgan_
    _admorgan_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem as shalanne, but even after I edit my food diary, select all and delete, the mystery calories are still listed.zi3dy7hgk5be.png
  • _admorgan_
    _admorgan_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    luxia2020, I did the thing that you describe, so presumably that’s the problem. Any ideas how I actually delete the meal that I deleted?
  • donniemac
    donniemac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of those with this problem. I added a meal, the calories are there but not the components of the meal, which I need to modify.
  • jonathangrober
    jonathangrober Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing for me. It happened when I went back into a logged meal and edited it. After the edit, it listed double the calories. So I deleted it and it still showed double the calories but no meal in the diary. I then went back and adjusted my meal back to the original and now it show triple the calories and no meals in the diary. Please help this is nuts.
  • anthony1103
    anthony1103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. has this ever been solved?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,179 Member
    Options
    Not a fundamental solution, but if you see an empty dirai and still have calories logged, use the pencil at the top of the food diary and then select all and delete.
  • jmwhite70
    jmwhite70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just tried to Edit ➔ select all ➔ delete and all my exercise calories disappeared but there’s still about 800 calories sticking around. Previously, I was trying to create a meal and I kept adding food to my Mid Morning meal instead of adding it to the meal (the UI is really wonky for this task). I then manually deleted those food items from my diary but the calories were never substracted. That’s definitely a bug.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    jmwhite70 wrote: »
    I just tried to Edit ➔ select all ➔ delete and all my exercise calories disappeared but there’s still about 800 calories sticking around. Previously, I was trying to create a meal and I kept adding food to my Mid Morning meal instead of adding it to the meal (the UI is really wonky for this task). I then manually deleted those food items from my diary but the calories were never substracted. That’s definitely a bug.

Yeah, it seems to be something that happens when people do a meal, then need to delete it for some reason. Don't really know the answer, but I just use recipes rather than meals myself.
  • ibrahtony
    ibrahtony Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Was this ever solved? I’m having the same issue 😓
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    lol the air is getting fattening lol.

Sorry, hope they resolve the issue. I haven't had this on my food diary but in viewing other people's I share with I only see the final calories, not the foods.
  • AngelUrias2024
    AngelUrias2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I figured it out. After deleting the logged food from your diary you have to uninstall the app from your phone and re-install, problem solved.