c25k starting 1st August - support group?

Options

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. You are all doing so well! I did W3D2 yesterday and was feeling good. The jump from W3 to W4 looks quite big - going from 9mins total of running to 16mins!

Reassure me folks. Did you all get through W4 ok? xx

PS - My run pace seems really variable. I was at 12.5mins/mile yesterday which is much better!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6, and ran 3 miles already. How is that possible? I did my training, and stuck to w6d2 and then a few hours after my training, was stressed or something and ended running 3 miles without any walks..does this count as graduation? :laugh: The 3 mile run was a little tough, but it was a hella lot easier then week 1 lol
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I did week6 day1 today. It was really easy after doing the 20 minute run from week5 day3 last time! I'm really starting to get the hang of this running thing. I think my body is looking better too.
  • ydeemar
    Options
    hello guyz! i finished w6d2 yesterday, very slow pace but i was able to finish it. i failed W5d3 though, so im planning to do it again tomorrow before i do the 25minutes run of w6d3. wish me luck!

btw, congratulations to each and everyone of you! i have always believe that it's better for me to finish the work out running slow rather than running fast but not able to finish it (just as i did for w5d3) so however slow as long as we finish the work out we are winners!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Great work ydeemar! I'm on W4D2 today - scared of the long runs next week!!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :wink: W6D2: DONE! This isn't NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be. I dare say: it's actually pretty easy! I must admit, though - I am NOT sprinting! We average 3.5-4 MPH on blacktop - not fast, but we can complete each week! Upon completion, we're going to train for 6 weeks to increase speed and then begin B210k... y'all in? :)

Congrats to those who remain! We are a select few, so keep your head up and STOP WATCHING THE TIMER - Just RUN! :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 tonight for me!
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Congrats to those who remain! We are a select few, so keep your head up and STOP WATCHING THE TIMER - Just RUN! :bigsmile:

I don't watch the timer at all anymore. I put my iphone in my back pocket and just wait for the "run", or "walk" prompts. Much better.

Who is running outside? And who is on the treadmill?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    I try not to look at the timer... often. I do think I do better when I don't watch the timer. It does help me not watch the timer now that I'm doing longer runs and it announces "5 minutes left" or whatever.

And I run outdoors, on pavement. I don't currently belong to a gym. I did try running in grass in a baseball field but I didn't like it. It felt really boring running around in a circle over and over. I like using city blocks as milestones/landmarks. Plus the park I ran in, I was constantly having to watch for dog poop and sticks. And the terrain was uneven. It has been difficult lately with the torrential downpours, but I've gone running in them anyway to varying degrees of success.
  • ydeemar
    Options
    hello guys! as promised i will repeat W5d3 and i made it through, woooohhoooooo!!! and also finished w6d3 yesterday, slow but sure.. looking ahead of the program made me scared, i was thinking will i be able to finish 25minutes run without dying? but the weekly task prepared my legs and my lungs, but it was your support which kept me going.. while running im chanting in my head, my buddies said to ignore the timer, keep on running, listen to the music, don't stop, and yes! i was able to finish the 25 minutes run without stopping 14.07runpace.. W7 here i come!:drinker: :drinker:
  • marjen002
    Options
    It's been a while since I reported back to you guys...sorry. First of all, CONGRATS!!! You are all doing fabulously! :drinker: Here's my update: I just completed W7 D3...30 mins, 2.06 miles. WOOT WOOT...I did it!!!!! Albeit, at a much slower pace than previous weeks but still, I did it.

I have my first 5K on October 1st and I do not feel very confident about being 5K ready by then...just 2 weeks, eek! Nonetheless, I am ecstatic to be able to say that I JOG! And whether I jog, walk or crawl to that finish line, I KNOW I WILL finish. :wink:
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Are you still training for the 5K. I am trying to run one in February! I have got to pick up my speed.
  • ydeemar
    Options
    It's been a while since I reported back to you guys...sorry. First of all, CONGRATS!!! You are all doing fabulously! :drinker: Here's my update: I just completed W7 D3...30 mins, 2.06 miles. WOOT WOOT...I did it!!!!! Albeit, at a much slower pace than previous weeks but still, I did it.

I have my first 5K on October 1st and I do not feel very confident about being 5K ready by then...just 2 weeks, eek! Nonetheless, I am ecstatic to be able to say that I JOG! And whether I jog, walk or crawl to that finish line, I KNOW I WILL finish. :wink:

way to go!! good luck on your first 5K!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    Well... I was doing really well. Until this week. I'm on week 7 and I feel like I've hit a wall. I injured my neck and shoulder. But that shouldn't affect my running right? Wrong. I can't run longer than 5 minutes without my neck and shoulder screaming. I've repeated week 7 day 1 twice, and each time I'm not able to run longer than 5 minutes without slowing to a walk.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I've had to take a few days off to go to hospital (nothing running related!) so going to repeate W5D2 to get myself back on track before the dreaded W5D3!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I struggled so much on that one, but now I can run a 1/2 hr like its almost nothing. It will get better, I promise. Start slow..:bigsmile:
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I ran for 20 minutes without stopping!!!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I just finished W6D3..woohoo!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 8 day 3 today :bigsmile:
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    C25K completed
    Ran my very first 5K Oct 1.
    Did it in 42:37 (14th in my age group and 9th in those over 200lbs)!