Hemel Hempstead

Options
Hi Guys,
I am not new to MFP however it has slowly dawned on me that this whole thing would be much easier if I had some physical friends (as opposed to the lovely encouraging people on here that I am unlikely to ever meet)
So where are you guys? I am based in hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire. It would be fantastic if there was someone I could just go for walks with, any form of light excersize, as well as a social thing (as having just moved here I know no one here)

Do any of you guys have these kind of aquiantences already? have you met people through MFP? are you local to me and wouldn't mind going for an early morning or evening strole? etc etc let me know your thoughts

Lotte

Replies

• 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am in Bedford so not a million miles but too far for going for walks etc I guess!
    Although it's mostly American folk on here, there are a lot of Brits too so I'm sure there are some in Hemel too.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    wiltshire here there are alot of brits on here i think you will find! welcome :drinker:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I agree about the american thing. Every now and then i come across a brit but we are few and far between.
  • KateTuivasa
    Options
    Hi, an Aussie here, just joined today and love the website...good luck finding a walking buddy...:smile:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey , I'm in Hemel too :smile:

Highfield in fact. I've been on MFP over a year now and you`re the first I've seen from here.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good luck finding a walking buddy! Unfortunately I'm from New England but I find it great and interesting to see so many people from all over on this site... it certainly does help to have someone else supporting you in your progress!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Loads of Brits here!

Possibly not many in HH though, but I used to live there !
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Epping in Essex which is not that far from you but far enough prob not to be able to meet up for regular walks. I would love to know if there is anyone near me as well?

Add me as a friend if you like and good luck on your journey with MFP :)
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Epping in Essex which is not that far from you but far enough prob not to be able to meet up for regular walks. I would love to know if there is anyone near me as well?

Add me as a friend if you like and good luck on your journey with MFP :)

I was born as St Margarets (yes I know, it was a long time ago, they don't have maternity there now) My mum lives in Ongar still. I'm near Colchester now unfortunately, but hopefully you will find someone. Walking in the forest is awesome, I practically grew up in those woods. So long as you don't accidentally trip over an ex-EastEnders actor/ess :happy:
    It seems to be where they go to die lol
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was born in St Margarets too. And my daughters boyfriend lives in Ongar, I know it well. I actually live in Theydon Bois but no one ever knows that so its easier to say Epping. I did see Bradley Walsh wandering around our little tesco once too lol
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I work in Hemel! Sending an add your way!
    Anyone else, please feel free to add me - the more support, the better!

Julia xo