Protein pancakes

Options
dejavufit
dejavufit Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2022 in Food and Nutrition
If you could please share your favorite protein pancakes recipe? New to this group! Thank you

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    50g oats - pulverised in smoothie maker / food mixer to flour consistency, add in 25g vanilla protein power, 1 egg, 100ml milk or milk substitute (I used skimmed milk), blitz well. Makes 4. I serve with fruit and Greek yogurt but also v good as a desert with melted chocolate and strawberries 😀 exact macros will depend on the protein powder and milk you use, but good bang for your buck.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I make Coconut Banana Pancakes and freeze them

250g banana
    320g egg
    122g coconut
    30g protein powder (I use vanilla, but any flavor you like)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer.

Add 80g chopped dried cranberries

I grease a griddle w a little olive oil, put on medium heat and w a tbl pour onto the griddle to make pancakes. When they start to bubble a little on top I flip carefully. I eat 2 for breakfast with raspberries. I freeze them and put on a plate and zap with the berries.

This recipe makes 12. If you want more protein, you can up the powder.
  • Cornf1ake
    Cornf1ake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is super easy

1 egg (or for less cals have 1/4 of egg whites)
    1/2 a banana
    1 scoop of protein powder.

I mash my egg in a bowl, add my protein powder and start to mix that in. Then add my egg or egg white put that in a pan and cook it on medium low till desired doneness. It is large but it is a pancake of sorts. Super easy.

I top with Mrs Buttersworth sugar free syrup(30 grams is like 20 cals or something crazy like that).
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    This one is my favorite so far:

1 cup flour
    1/4 cup protein powder
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp sugar-free syrup
    1 cup water

Each serving (about 4 pancakes) is about 300 calories and has 19 grams of protein.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    1/3 box cake mix (about 145gr, any flavor- red velvet is awesome)
    120gr bisquick heart smart
    30gr Naked plain whey
    Tsp (4gr) baking powder
    Tsp (4gr) baking soda (if using liquid whey)
    1 egg
    3 servings liquid eggs
    226gr low fat cottage cheese
    480gr cashew milk OR skim milk OR liquid whey

Add a few drops chocolate extract if making chocolate or red velvet.

If using liquid whey (leftover from yogurt or skyr making) add the tsp baking soda. It reacts with the whey and makes pancakes light and fluffy. Have your griddle already hot and ready if using whey, because the bubbles will delflate in about 15 minutes.

Wonderful with a swish of cream cheese and some Walden farms zero cal caramel or chocolate syrup.

1443 total calories, total 82gr protein, made with whey. Makes about 60 3 or 4” pancakes.