[Back to exercise] Would you share what type headphones you use to listening music while exercising?

Options
peasgarden
peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
I'm going back to exercising, I used to be very active during my early 20s, with grad school and being finishing the career my health has suffer a lot. I've lost gradually the habit of taking walks or doing regularly cardio or lifting weights.
I do remember that listening to music helped me to stay motivated. Would you share what type headphones you use to listening music while exercising?

Replies

• redwitchrocks
    redwitchrocks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Apple airpods and Bose Supersport (I think) both good but Apple better for walking
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Last year I invested in aftershoks bone conductor headphones for hiking/running.
    Love them, really comfortable and you can still hear the cars etc.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have Plantronics Backbeat 3100 earbuds that I've been really happy with. I tried using my Skullcandy over-ear headphones first but I found they didn't stay in place with some movements (the headband slid forward in push up position for example) and made me hotter during cardio.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also use Plantronic Backbeats, but they're the older FIT model, not the ear buds. Since they fit over the ears and are connected to each other I find that they're less likely to fall out during cardio, which is the problem I have with my Airpods (I can walk with those, but they won't always stay in when I bike or row, so I'm too nervous to try running with them). I've had them... seven years? Maybe nine? They've survived multiple marathons and the training leading up to them, a century and the training I did for the MS150, plus travel, Texas weathering, and my general lack of care (I am the reason I can't have nice things), so even though they're now starting to fray and will need to be replaced soon, they've proven very durable. My Airpods, on the other hand... 😞
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    None. When I go out to do something I do so because I enjoy being outside. Listening to music would kill the outdoor experience, singing birds, bit of wind in the trees, traffic, whatever for me.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If you don't sweat profusely as I do on workouts Beats Fit Pro are very nice. If your doing inside your home/gym work outs optimized music or audio tracks from shows and movies are superb with these. Cancelation for an ear bud is pretty good. However my daily buds are PowerBeats Pro. Around the ear hook makes them stay in place no matter sweat plus the volume rocker on them is a nice feature.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I use J-labs with an around-the-ear hook. They have an 'aware' mode that I use when I am riding so I can still hear cars/people/etc that are around me. Power lasts for a long time and they recharge very quickly.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use Earfun Free. I think the minis. They are available on Amazon.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I think this depends on what is comfy for you and what fits into your budget. For example -- I know a lot of people have/like Airpods...but I would 100% lose those.

I use a set of bluetooth headphones (in ear) that have a piece that goes behind the ear to hold them on better as well as they are connected to each other with a cord. So it's harder for me to misplace/lose them and they stay on my ears during runs. They are in-ear but they don't really cancel out noise well so I can still hear people yell at me or most car sounds.

If you will be spending a lot of time on a roadway - then I think it's worth it to look into bone-conducting headphones simply for the fact that they are safer. But as long as you can hear your surroundings.
  • neffybetty
    neffybetty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just buy cheap $5 ones with a cord to my device. I like them because they are easy to replace, and I won't lose them while I am trying to listen to music! I've tried buying ones with a microphone, but I haven't figured out how to use them! I probably have about five because I keep losing them! haha. No big loss.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,453 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Cheapest Bluetooth available via Amazon with decent reviews, usually the Tozo brand. Because I lose them, drop and break the cases, wear the
    batteries out, drop them down grates, into traffic (smoosh!), dog fancies fallen ones as treats (have managed to rescue them so far)…..

The sound is tolerable but I run bike and walk in a suburban / urban’ ish area with a buttload of tourists and day trippers, so it pays to not have my ears full of sound for the two or three times a day I inevitably have to dodge gawkers or those looking for free parking and not at the road, who don’t know pedestrian crossing means I have the right of way.

I’ve got one pair that only one ear works now, but it’s worked for months. That’s my podcast “pair”.
  • experimentofone
    experimentofone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of bone conduction headphones and some Skull Candy Push Ultra's. I usually only wear one of the Skull Candy...... I like to be able to hear ambient noise around me.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have a Google Pixel phone, which doesn't have a headphone jack, so I bought the Google Pixel Buds A-series Bluetooth headphones. I've dropped the case a couple of times, both with and without the buds in it. Good battery life, comfortable fit, stays put, haven't killed them with sweat yet. Before I got a phone without a headphone jack I used a basic set of JVC wired earbuds that worked fine, but I don't have a device I can use those with anymore.