30 Day Shred Question

Options
I am about to start the 30 Day Shred program and wanted to know from those that have completed it.....

Do you workout everyday until the program is done or do you take the recommended days rest? I was unsure if I should do it daily for the entire 30 days or should there be a rest period. Any thoughts will be appreciated....

Replies

• chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    just completed the 1st week with a one day rest to recover...just listen to your body...it will tell things that you didnt know...lol...mine did and now im listening very closely.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I did it 5 days a week and rested. I like to have my rest days on the weekend. :drinker:
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I do it 5 days a week but I do other exercise on the other days and also sometimes on the same day as 30DS. I just can't fit in 30DS on my karate days because I don't have the time. I still seem to be getting good results though.
  • waynehowie
    Options
    Your body needs time to rest and recover. Over training can be detrimental both physically and mentally. Good luck!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just completed the program. Love it and loved the results! I am starting Ripped this morning. I did take rest days when needed. Listen to your body. I think I had 7 rest days in total. Enjoy!
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback :happy:
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of level one, and I took a rest day yesterday. Instead I just went for a couple of walks. I just listened to my body (but not to the little devil on my shoulder that tells me I should rest every day. :devil: )
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Question for those replying above - I've just done day 3 this morning. Obviously as expected some of my muscles are a little sore - did you find that your muscles stayed sore every day for the full 30 days? or did they stop being sore after a while? Did they get sore again when you switched it up a level?
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was sore after starting the first level for about two or three days. I was not sore starting the second level. And, after starting the third level, I was sore for a couple of days again (in different places). I will be done with my 30 days on Wednesday. I did not take breaks -- 30 days straight thru. Now that I am done, I may alternate it with the c25k program I started last week.
  • ecoyle
    Options
    i have just started the 30 day shred today also how do you know how many calories you burn?
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me too *hands up* Im starting today too :)
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Question for those replying above - I've just done day 3 this morning. Obviously as expected some of my muscles are a little sore - did you find that your muscles stayed sore every day for the full 30 days? or did they stop being sore after a while? Did they get sore again when you switched it up a level?

They do get better the longer you keep it up because they get adjusted to exercising.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i have just started the 30 day shred today also how do you know how many calories you burn?

You can log it as circuit training, general.

If you know what your heart rate is then there is a formula that you can use to figure out approx. how many calories YOU burn in a minute.

Here it is: Assume your weight is 150 lbs., and your age is 43 years, and your average heart rate was 130. Your calorie expenditure rate during one minute of exercise would be: (150 X 0.0574) + (43 X 0.074) + (130 X 0.4472) - 20.4022 / 4.184 = 11.8 calories burned per minute with your heart rate at 130.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I always heard it wasn't good to do the same muscles over and over too but my husband said that this dvd is only doing a couple minutes of each mucsle and that's why it's okay to do every day. "shrugs"